Windows 10: Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?

Discus and support Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got scammed. I’ve ran the 2 malware software programs as well as a full mcafee scan and both came up negative. However there is a program icon that’s... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sally Waller, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?

I got scammed. I’ve ran the 2 malware software programs as well as a full mcafee scan and both came up negative. However there is a program icon that’s still on my desktop and when the program is searched for by name in the search box it pops up. How do I get rid of this program! Also do I need to get a new router?

:)

Sally Waller, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Tinogrrl Win User

Laptop hacked by scammer Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router? :(

Hello,

Hoping to get some advice on my mother-in-law's laptop. She fell for a scam and let the scammer take control of her laptop. The lovely fellow then changed the password and I cannot log into the laptop.

1. Any way I can regain control of the laptop? Or would it be worth it to bring to a PC repair place? It's a cheapy laptop that's 8 years old.

2. If I were to regain control would the data on the computer even still be there? Or would it have to be wiped anyways?

Appreciate any thoughts on this. She kept some personal information on there that's not backed up elsewhere but not sure it's worth spending the money on unlocking the computer or not. Thanks!

Christina

Tinogrrl, Aug 15, 2021
  3. Router Hacked

Having prolem with a hacked time warner router......anyone else?

Joe Salazar, Aug 15, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router?

1. Scammer hacked my laptop and maybe router? - Similar Threads - Scammer hacked laptop

2. Is my laptop hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop hacked?: It just happened few minutes ago. I turned on the sleeping mode of my laptop. I was busy with my phone. Suddenly my laptop woke up and started to play the video from the beginning in YouTube. But the video was paused in the middle of timeline. I'm so much worried about this....
  3. Is my laptop hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my laptop hacked?: It just happened few minutes ago. I turned on the sleeping mode of my laptop. I was busy with my phone. Suddenly my laptop woke up and started to play the video from the beginning in YouTube. But the video was paused in the middle of timeline. I'm so much worried about this....
  4. Is my laptop hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is my laptop hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop hacked?: Something weird happened that I’ve never seen before. I had my notepad application open with a specific text in the background or it just wasn’t displayed on the screen while I was on the internet browser. Out of nowhere it just pops up in front of my browser on the screen. I...
  6. Is my laptop hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my laptop hacked?: Something weird happened that I’ve never seen before. I had my notepad application open with a specific text in the background or it just wasn’t displayed on the screen while I was on the internet browser. Out of nowhere it just pops up in front of my browser on the screen. I...
  7. my laptop hacked

my laptop hacked: hey guys, recently my laptop got hacked and hackers took my 300k subscribers youtube channel, they first deleted all of my videos then uploaded some Cardano cryptocurrency-related videos completely deleted my channel. I had 2fa turned on but I have no idea how they bypassed...
  8. Hacked? my router is showing allof these accounts here

Hacked? my router is showing allof these accounts here: I have been using Wireshark and see so many ARP request and so may query throwed at mainly my IP. I have the only PC on this network it runs Windows 10 and the rest are either Xbox or iphones. I think they even have my iPhone hacked now also. what can I do to get all of these...
  9. Maybe Scammer

Maybe Scammer: I went onto a website from a quizzes site. This website claimed to be an iq test, but when I opened it; I got a verbal message and a screen that looked like it was windows telling me my browser had been locked and to not turn off my computer. I've never had this happen...
  10. maybe hacked

maybe hacked: Lady called me and she sad that she is from Microsoft and she was asking me question about my computer. I sad thet I'm underaged and then she sad that she will call me in a week. What I have to do ?????Help me..!!...