Windows 10: scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes

Discus and support scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi I restored pc to factory settings with every thing removed and the pc runs well and I have added malewarebytes pro which scans daily and has found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by peterrappaport1, Jul 22, 2019.

1. scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes

hi I restored pc to factory settings with every thing removed and the pc runs well and I have added malewarebytes pro which scans daily and has found nothing . could a rootkit placed remotely by the scammer survive and run undetected thanks peter

:)

peterrappaport1, Jul 22, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

Hi T1R027

This is very common these days, these scammers are not technically proficient and rely upon an innocent user to give them remote access

If you have Reset Windows 10, you have done the right thing, you have nothing to worry about and no need to clean install Windows

These Tech support scammers typically add software to remote to the PC, they then deliberately corrupt Windows in order to scam money from the user.

Once you have Reset Windows, anything they have done to that PC will be removed, there is no need to re-format and re-install

DaveM121, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 22, 2019
  4. mlee49 Win User

scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes

1. scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes - Similar Threads - scammer remote access

2. Scammer accessed PC using anydesk app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scammer accessed PC using anydesk app.: my partners allowed a scam caller to access her PC remotely and managed to remove money from bank account. I deleted app but is it safe not to clean reinstall ? They had access for 6 hours or more and also hacked iphone....
  3. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remotely accessing pc: Hi so I have 2 computers a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop with the same microsoft account log in on both and I want to use remote desktop to get into my laptop and vice versa but every time I try to it gives me an error message saying "Your computer could not...
  4. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remotely accessing pc: Hi so I have 2 computers a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop with the same microsoft account log in on both and I want to use remote desktop to get into my laptop and vice versa but every time I try to it gives me an error message saying "Your computer could not...
  5. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  7. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  8. Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop Host Sleeps After Only Five Minutes: I host a computer that is used by a few people in a small organization. We use Windows Remote Desktop RDP to access the computer - even me and the computer is in my basement. RDP works fine and everyone is able to get access to the computer and do their work. Last fall I...
  9. Computer BSOD every five minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD every five minutes: Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [IMG]...
  10. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer: My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to...