Windows 10: Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

Discus and support Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EvaBettis, Mar 21, 2020.

1. EvaBettis Win User

Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I forever need to just remember not to click that? It was the same exact message that another person had commented and written about back in November 2017.

[Original Title: scammer]

:)

EvaBettis, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

amazon Assist

Hi,

The Amazon assist pop-up(s) that you are getting could be an Adware. It is a form of malware (malicious software) which presents unwanted advertisements to the user of a computer.

If you have a 3rd-party antivirus or Windows defender, we suggest that you scan your computer.

We would like to know:

• What browser(s) are you using?
    • Have you tried turning on your web browser's pop-up blocker?

Windows has a feature called SmartScreen, it is a filter that helps protect your device from malicious sites and downloads. To go to SmartScreen settings: Type
    SmartScreen in the search box and press Enter.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Scammers

they are indian callers i suggest downloading an app called Truecaller on your Cellphone if they are calling you there this Truecaller app will identify these phone numbers as Scammers

andrewbradimore, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

1. Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website - Similar Threads - Scammer Popped Amazon

2. reactivate pop-up notification amazon music

in Windows 10 Customization
    reactivate pop-up notification amazon music: I accidentally turned off amazon music pop up notifications on pc and i don't know how to put them back on. amazon music does not appear in windows notification options...
  3. reactivate pop-up notification amazon music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reactivate pop-up notification amazon music: I accidentally turned off amazon music pop up notifications on pc and i don't know how to put them back on. amazon music does not appear in windows notification options...
  4. reactivate pop-up notification amazon music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck with pop=up scammer's message on my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck with pop=up scammer's message on my screen.: Split from this thread. I have that on my computer right now. I did not respond, but it will not let me get into my computer. WHen I shut down, I came back on and the same message is there. How do I get it to go away so I can continue using my computer??...
  6. Stuck with pop=up scammer's message on my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck with pop=up scammer's message on my screen.: Split from this thread. I have that on my computer right now. I did not respond, but it will not let me get into my computer. WHen I shut down, I came back on and the same message is there. How do I get it to go away so I can continue using my computer??...
  7. Malwarebytes Website Blocked Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Website Blocked Pop Up: Hello, I have been receiving this pop up on my computer for months now and can't seem to get rid of it. It pops up every 5-10 seconds. I have ran Malewarebytes scans ADWCleaner scans and nothing is working! I clicked on a phishing email some time ago which may be the cause....
  8. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser: My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus? 133189
  9. Norton dangerous website pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton dangerous website pop up: I just tried to log on to my outlook/email account, and a Norton alert popped up - "This is a dangerous website" with the option to continue to site. I've never seen this before. Is this a scam, and if I did continue to website, is it ransomware? How do I access my Hotmail?...
  10. Website Pops up

in Browsers and Email
    Website Pops up: I have windows 10 and for my Browser I use Firefox which I set as the default. But just about every time I try to open Firefox, the page that opens is one of Microsoft's pages about Office 2016.This has been going on for about a week. Isn't there some way to stop that? Thanks...