Windows 10: Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

Discus and support Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EvaBettis, Mar 21, 2020.

1. EvaBettis Win User

Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I forever need to just remember not to click that? It was the same exact message that another person had commented and written about back in November 2017.

[Original Title: scammer]

:)

EvaBettis, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

amazon Assist

Hi,

The Amazon assist pop-up(s) that you are getting could be an Adware. It is a form of malware (malicious software) which presents unwanted advertisements to the user of a computer.

If you have a 3rd-party antivirus or Windows defender, we suggest that you scan your computer.

We would like to know:

• What browser(s) are you using?
    • Have you tried turning on your web browser's pop-up blocker?

Windows has a feature called SmartScreen, it is a filter that helps protect your device from malicious sites and downloads. To go to SmartScreen settings: Type
    SmartScreen in the search box and press Enter.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Scammers

they are indian callers i suggest downloading an app called Truecaller on your Cellphone if they are calling you there this Truecaller app will identify these phone numbers as Scammers

andrewbradimore, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

1. Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website - Similar Threads - Scammer Popped Amazon

2. Website codes popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Website codes popping up on my screen: The code for websites I a visiting is arbitrarily popping up. I click on the X to close but it comes back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-codes-popping-up-on-my-screen/839506a7-5e3d-43bb-a85c-61f788305839
  3. Scammers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scammers: Hello, Im getting calls from people claiming to Microsoft Support people that claim my computer is giving off bad signals to Microsoft and my computer may have been compromised. How do I know if these people are actually Microsoft Support people?...
  4. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser: My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus? 133189
  5. scammers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scammers: I received a voicemail message on my phone from an "indian" speaking person stating that he was calling from Microsoft about charging my personal bank account $299 and it I wanted my money back, to call their number. So I did, the person said they were calling from...
  6. How can I stop scammers infecting my computer with bogus pop ups?

How can I stop scammers infecting my computer with bogus pop ups?: I've just been getting loads of unwanted fake Microsoft virus threat pop ups the last couple of weeks, and it has been really annoying me. I also understand this has been on the news. How can we prevent it from happening again? This has upset me, especially as my computer has...
  7. Scammers

Scammers: Some time ago I received a phone call a man with a gruff Asian voice told me to turn on my computer because there was a fault . I thought it was Virgin Media and did as he asked . (I should have realised Virgin don't call you) He took over remote support look at all these...
  8. Norton dangerous website pop up

Norton dangerous website pop up: I just tried to log on to my outlook/email account, and a Norton alert popped up - "This is a dangerous website" with the option to continue to site. I've never seen this before. Is this a scam, and if I did continue to website, is it ransomware? How do I access my Hotmail?...
  9. I have recently got this ad popping up on websites

in Browsers and Email
    I have recently got this ad popping up on websites: I have recently got this crap popping up on websites, I want to know how to get rid of it I am using opera 14. See picture it does not give you any names of the company that's doing it. [img] 79555
  10. Website Pops up

in Browsers and Email
    Website Pops up: I have windows 10 and for my Browser I use Firefox which I set as the default. But just about every time I try to open Firefox, the page that opens is one of Microsoft's pages about Office 2016.This has been going on for about a week. Isn't there some way to stop that? Thanks...