Windows 10: scammers fake support

Discus and support scammers fake support in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft will not post support on my pc at anytime /... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thomaspitts1, May 29, 2019.

1. scammers fake support

Microsoft will not post support on my pc at anytime /

:)

thomaspitts1, May 29, 2019
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

scammers fake support [​IMG]

Borg 386, May 29, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, May 29, 2019
  4. scammers fake support

Scammers

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. These are a few examples.

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls, display pop-up alerts in your browser to call a support number or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or
    to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an
    employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

For more information and resources to protect yourself from scams, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
    ...there are suggestions
    near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem.

quietman7 - MVP, May 29, 2019
Thema:

scammers fake support

1. scammers fake support - Similar Threads - scammers fake support

2. Can someone tell me why scammers add fake microsoft support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me why scammers add fake microsoft support: People really want their money from Nigeria or India https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-why-scammers-add-fake/edf95a77-cea5-4fb1-a7ad-a98b26f81039
  3. Can someone tell me why scammers add fake microsoft support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone tell me why scammers add fake microsoft support: People really want their money from Nigeria or India https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-why-scammers-add-fake/edf95a77-cea5-4fb1-a7ad-a98b26f81039
  4. suspect fake support number/scammer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspect fake support number/scammer: I received an email from "On Line Store"<*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> they indicated I ordered a microsoft surface book 3 for $1600 that was being shipped to an address in Cupertino CA I did not order the item The "windows support" number for billing...
  5. Technical Support Scammers

Technical Support Scammers: Is it safe click "call me back" or "schedule a call" under the pop up that says "Talk to a person" after I click "get help" when I go to Update Issues? The last time I did that, a lady with a foreign accent took me to a sight that prompted a "share my screen", giving her...
  6. Is this a fake scammer site? or Microsoft?

Is this a fake scammer site? or Microsoft?: I searched error code 30088-4 and saw information on https://**** and thought I was on Microsoft. I let them remotely access but then kicked them off. There were no popups but they did look at registry I think. My Windows 10 is up to date and I have virus protection and...
  7. Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers: Makes me not want to be on a PC at all ??!! Been caught by slimy hacker - Blonde is name by 'Marriage' want to go back to maiden but 12 letters needs abbrev. AND like my kids last name to be like Moms !! for now OK I'm done, whining...
  8. Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...

Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus if you need help. This is a public community. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.https://support.microsoft.com/contactus...
  9. Tech Support Scammers

Tech Support Scammers: I have paid money three times over the past two years to outfits that claim to be Microsoft tech support. I allow them to remotely access my computer to do their thing. I was finally told that any tech support you get after 6:00 pm is not Microsoft and these scammers are...
  10. Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware: In my E-Mail this morning: Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet 67838