Windows 10: scammers had control of my computer,

Discus and support scammers had control of my computer, in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I determine if they planted a back door, to enter my computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidCraine, Jun 18, 2019.

1. scammers had control of my computer,

How do I determine if they planted a back door, to enter my computer

:)

DavidCraine, Jun 18, 2019

2. Scammers

they are indian callers i suggest downloading an app called Truecaller on your Cellphone if they are calling you there this Truecaller app will identify these phone numbers as Scammers

andrewbradimore, Jun 18, 2019
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jun 18, 2019
  4. scammers had control of my computer,

Scammers

May I offer you a suggestion: If you have any emails from the "scammer" gather them and make sure your credit card company knows about them. I was luckily able to recoup my payment. Good Luck.

Care Valkanas, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

scammers had control of my computer,

1. scammers had control of my computer, - Similar Threads - scammers control computer

2. My daughter's account controlled by a scammer and Microsoft replies they cannot fix.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My daughter's account controlled by a scammer and Microsoft replies they cannot fix.: My daughter's account is for some mysterious reasons now linked to an account we never heard of, likely a scammer. I contacted the Xbox/Microsoft team who understood the issue but replied they cannot remove my daughter's account from the "family organizer" account even though...
  3. Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer: So, earlier some person I know ended falling in a scam and gave other people access to him computer remotely. I tried to find the app they were using to do this, but they always closed the the tabs and were trying even to stop me from turning the computer off. Because of that...
  4. Scammer had control of laptop before I caught on

Scammer had control of laptop before I caught on: earlier today I recieved a pop up saying that my computer was locked because my financial information had been accessed and to call microsoft tech support I called allowed access and then he wanted 250 i hung up then he still had access to system and threatened to deleat all...
  5. Computer Locked by Scammers

Computer Locked by Scammers: I've just got a laptop in that's running Windows 10. The owner thought he was dealing with his broadband provider as he has been having trouble with his internet. However, it turns out it was a scam and he allowed them access to his laptop. When they asked him to login to his...
  6. scammer

scammer: I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I forever need to just remember not to click that? It was the same exact message that another person had commented and written...
  7. Scammer accessing my computer

Scammer accessing my computer: He said he worked for MS said my anti virus had expired, He said he needed to access my PC to install the new software. It took me 15 mins on the phone with him to make up my mind, weather or not to give him access, to my computer, but I did! MORON Any ways The...
  8. scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes: hi I restored pc to factory settings with every thing removed and the pc runs well and I have added malewarebytes pro which scans daily and has found nothing . could a rootkit placed remotely by the scammer survive and run undetected thanks peter...
  9. scammers

scammers: I allowed a scammer into my computer, what can i do to undo it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers/6c445d29-0d92-49ce-84ee-4f537787cb2d
  10. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer: My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to...