Windows 10: Scammers installed Ultraviewer which scanned my computer. What should I do?

Discus and support Scammers installed Ultraviewer which scanned my computer. What should I do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a call from a California phone number 213 766-4357 to my cell phone yesterday, January 8, 2021 at approximately 5:18 pm. I was informed by the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhyllisCowart, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Scammers installed Ultraviewer which scanned my computer. What should I do?

I had a call from a California phone number 213 766-4357 to my cell phone yesterday, January 8, 2021 at approximately 5:18 pm.

I was informed by the caller, a male foreigner who spoke English, that he was calling from Apple Support and that my IP addressed was being used in NewYork and they wanted to catch the Scammer if I would help them to do so. They requested that I get on my computer, laptop, and instructed me to go to Ultraviewer and download it on my computer. While doing so, I asked how I knew they were legit. He said he would transfer me to his immediate Supervisor. A lady with a foreign voice spoke to me with more clear English, she said her name was Scarlett Collins and it showed as an Apple Security Officer on the screen, APL 0008756634 AND Employee ID ASD7531642.

The Screen showed a tracer directing them to Dayton Ohio, Latitude 39.678622 and Longitude of 83.927339. In the meantime, I could see the word:

Encrypted and it looked like it was scanning my computer. I questioned her again about what was going on and she explained they were trying to keep my IP address from being stolen and that their were 78 foreign addresses that had connected to my IP address.

I hung up the phone after she said I would need to pay $500 and it would be reimbursed by Apple, which also showed up on the screen. I told her I was not paying anything and hung up the phone. I immediately received another phone call but did not answer it.

I am 67 years old and can not believe that I allowed them access to my computer files. Today, I uninstalled the Ultraviewer app from my computer and ran a virus scan. It showed 45 files that could not be opened.

Please advise what I should do now to insure my computer is safe.

Thanks,

* Moved from Windows 10

* Original title: Scammed, please help.

:)

PhyllisCowart, Jan 10, 2021
  2. joey_le Win User

Is Ultraview a scam program?

UltraViewer is just a remote support software. Itself not a scam or harmful program. But the technician who contacted you may be a scammer. So do not allow him to remote control your computer if you could not verify his identification.

joey_le, Jan 10, 2021
  3. unable to scan to computer

My HP Envy 4524 printer set up using HP website and prints fine using wireless connection. However, when attempting a scan printer window message saying no computer found. I have read various suggestions indicating web scan may need to be enabled on
    my laptop, but the steps suggested could not be followed as I think they may refer to an earlier version of windows. Can anyone suggest how I might get my scan to computer enabled using windows 10?

BillNotley, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Scammers installed Ultraviewer which scanned my computer. What should I do?

Teamviewer Alternative: Ultraviewer

Came across this earlier today, getting a quote together for a client. Anyone had a chance to try it out?
    According to their site,
    "UltraViewer is completely free

- Currently UltraViewer is completely free, whether you are a business or personal, you can use it without worrying about paying any fee".

The company has been around about two years, and software appears to perform most of the same functions. I found a few postings about false positives resolved by Mcafee and Avira, and some evaluations of systems after it was installed with clean results. Think I'll give it a try this weekend, see how it works out....

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Scammers installed Ultraviewer which scanned my computer. What should I do?

1. Scammers installed Ultraviewer which scanned my computer. What should I do? - Similar Threads - Scammers installed Ultraviewer

2. My computer show this screen what should I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer show this screen what should I do?: I have a Lenovo laptop. I have ran into a problem in windows 10. Stop Code: unmountable boot volume After seeing this I prepare a bootable USB drive for windows 10. After I plugged my USB drive into the computer and select the USB drive from the boot menu. My computer shows...
  3. My computer show this screen what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer show this screen what should I do?: I have a Lenovo laptop. I have ran into a problem in windows 10. Stop Code: unmountable boot volume After seeing this I prepare a bootable USB drive for windows 10. After I plugged my USB drive into the computer and select the USB drive from the boot menu. My computer shows...
  4. My computer show this screen what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scammers using UltraViewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scammers using UltraViewer: A few weeks ago I had a popup "alert" come up on my laptop with a voice saying my computer had just received a virus. It gave a phone number to Microsoft to call. Of course I was being scammed, but at that moment I didn't realize it. I called the number, and talked to a man...
  6. Scammers using UltraViewer

Scammers using UltraViewer: A few weeks ago I had a popup "alert" come up on my laptop with a voice saying my computer had just received a virus. It gave a phone number to Microsoft to call. Of course I was being scammed, but at that moment I didn't realize it. I called the number, and talked to a man...
  7. What should I do to help my computer performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should I do to help my computer performance: I started to have some computer struggles out of no where a couple weeks ago and tried to use the Razer Cleanup tool to help. I don't fully know what it did but I assume it deleted items. Ever since then I have been able to get most of the errors off but the lag is still...
  8. What should I do to help my computer performance

What should I do to help my computer performance: I started to have some computer struggles out of no where a couple weeks ago and tried to use the Razer Cleanup tool to help. I don't fully know what it did but I assume it deleted items. Ever since then I have been able to get most of the errors off but the lag is still...
  9. What should I do to help my computer performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?: I recently updated to 2004 and don't have my Windows old folder anymore. But I'm finding a lot of my apps and games glitching. My games don't even load at all or don't save at all and that's all of them. Some of my apps don't load either. I tried everything in the book...