Windows 10: Scammers

Discus and support Scammers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Do you have people who call regularly selling things like protection etc from Microsoft. I keep getting calls from all different numbers. Very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BettyHayworth, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Scammers

Do you have people who call regularly selling things like protection etc from Microsoft. I keep getting calls from all different numbers. Very upsetting

:)

BettyHayworth, Jan 10, 2019

2. Scammers

May I offer you a suggestion: If you have any emails from the "scammer" gather them and make sure your credit card company knows about them. I was luckily able to recoup my payment. Good Luck.

Care Valkanas, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Scammers [​IMG]

Borg 386, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Scammers

Microsoft scammers

Yes, that should be enough.

Probably you saw something similar to what is described here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-your-computer-has-been-locked-popup-scam

All these kind of pop ups are fake alerts. Your PC is NOT infected.

Do NOT call the phone-number which is displayed in that fake alert.

It leads to scammers who try to trick you into giving them access to your computer, to steal your passwords etc and to sell you their unneeded services etc.

Please carefully read the following article which explains in detail how to get rid of such pop ups and what to do if you keep on seeing them:

In addition suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Scammers

1. Scammers - Similar Threads - Scammers

2. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...
  3. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...

INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...
  4. scammers

scammers: I received a voicemail message on my phone from an "indian" speaking person stating that he was calling from Microsoft about charging my personal bank account $299 and it I wanted my money back, to call their number. So I did, the person said they were calling from...
  5. How can I stop scammers infecting my computer with bogus pop ups?

How can I stop scammers infecting my computer with bogus pop ups?: I've just been getting loads of unwanted fake Microsoft virus threat pop ups the last couple of weeks, and it has been really annoying me. I also understand this has been on the news. How can we prevent it from happening again? This has upset me, especially as my computer has...
  6. SCAMMERS CLAIMING TO BE WINDOWS SUPPORT

SCAMMERS CLAIMING TO BE WINDOWS SUPPORT: My computer was blocked when in use, said to call a number. I did. They said it was windows--but to fix it I paid them $500.00. The business is Krish radiant solutions 1-888-435-1333. Now I get one to three calls a day telling me that they have been ordered to close and...
  7. a scammer hiding their phone number

a scammer hiding their phone number: I have a scammer hiding their phone number in my contact info in a bank diverting deposit code verifications. Anyone know how to find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-scammer-hiding-their-phone-number/6b554b57-5721-4438-8356-78f1d3833744"
  8. How can I forward a E-mail to you that I think is from a Scammer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I forward a E-mail to you that I think is from a Scammer?: How can I forward a E-mail to you that I think is from a scammer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-forward-a-e-mail-to-you-that-i-think-is/73d1ca90-7e77-4800-ad03-40d60b59859c
  9. Scammers

Scammers: Some time ago I received a phone call a man with a gruff Asian voice told me to turn on my computer because there was a fault . I thought it was Virgin Media and did as he asked . (I should have realised Virgin don't call you) He took over remote support look at all these...
  10. WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?...

WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?...: I HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY THE SAME ONES FOR SEVERAL YEARS. ONE OF THE SCAMMERS ACTUALLY ASKED IF I WOULD BE WILLING TO MARRY HIM SO HE COULD OBTAIN A GREEN CARD FROM IMMIGRATION! I BEGAN HEARING FROM THEM SEVERAL YEARS AGO. SINCE I AM HOME-BOUND WITH A SEVERE DISABILITY, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scamers

2. windows scammers phone numbers 2019

3. windows scammers numbers 2019