Windows 10: Scamming, a national crisis

Discus and support Scamming, a national crisis in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, we know that everyone at some point experiences annoying and intrusive telemarketing calls and loads of email spam, but now its not just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sagecious, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Sagecious Win User

Scamming, a national crisis

So, we know that everyone at some point experiences annoying and intrusive telemarketing calls and loads of email spam, but now its not just telemarketers. The FTC Federal Trade Commission has declared that hacking, spoofing, and scamming, has now become a national crisis emergency, and thats only the start. Them getting just a little bit of your personal data, by means that, due to the rapid advance of tech and the sharing of mass amounts of info, have become easily and readily available to any one with the know how, its just the start of a long painful process where some people never fully recover. Never ever ever give out your info for any reason no matter what. scammers are now calling people claiming to work at there bank and they'll even have you 16 digit bank account number just to convince to give them more, everything even. scammer on the phone? hang up, double check the call, if they pretended to work at your bank, call your bank, find out first. It also helps to put the pressure on, ask them questions they possibly can't answer, annoy them, spook them, many will either become impatient and frustrated or get spooked and hang up all together. But wait, there are some very important things you need to do before you can just laugh and forget about it. record the number that called you, use *69, or reverse phone lookup if its blocked, remember every detail of your encounter, and get online and go straight to the FTC, I'll make it easy for you: https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc there are many things you can do to fight back. Everyone's mindset is just ignore, thats the safest best way, well NO! its not, its costs scammer .01 cent to spoof a phone number, they will go on to hurt others unless fight back. Scams are up 60% since last year, where they made a total 9.5 billion overall. They don't just make money, they spoof the numbers of real people who then get attacked without ever knowing how or why, they sell your info on the darknet, but wait, the people who buy that info then use to steal identities and commit heinous illegal crimes of all kinds human slavery, guns, drugs, children, so if you thought it was only about money, your dead wrong. This is how they get away with it, never getting caught, continuing the spread and even worse, it could be your neighbor, or anyone with access to the internet. The terrible thing about it too is that the elderly and older generations are the scammers go to victim. So please, talk to your parents, grandparents, hell, talk to everyone! It's time we fought back to end this terrible blight thats become the norm. If you wish to learn more or would like to learn about extra ways to protect your self, or just want to chat, email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Lets make the world a safer place, improve better together.

:)

Sagecious, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Scamming, a national crisis - Similar Threads - Scamming national crisis

2. Rise of Nations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations: Why is the World Conquest option missing? Will it be restored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nations/2e417ccb-d6c2-4266-8817-5f5a37a0a7f3
  3. Rise of Nations multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations multiplayer: Hi, i just got Rise of nations extended edition from the windows store. When i want to go to multiplayer it displays a messages that says that i dont have permission to play multiplayer. I checked on my security profile and when to windows 10 and allow multiplayer and...
  4. Rise of Nations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations: Is there a way to run rise of nations on windows 10? if so what do i need to do? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rise-of-nations/80608960-7d94-4ce1-8d88-7b4957418f9b
  5. Dell Alienware Laptop having a Identity Crisis

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Alienware Laptop having a Identity Crisis: Jellybean thinks its a windows enterprise. Windows states that it is version 1903 0s build 18362.535 So in belarc it shows a e on the end of my windows key the format that is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxe But it does not show it like that in the window "About" it shows it as...
  6. Crisis fail. need to recover

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crisis fail. need to recover: Booted the pc yesterday to find that infinite repair loop I have read about many times. tried to repair with a repair disc and it said I need an installation disc so that's where I am now. it says none of my drives are in the selected restore points except D:\ this is...
  7. Rise of Nations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations: I'm no longer able to save the game when playing Rise of Nations on Windows 10. I get the message "Unable to save game, Cloud Storage is full". I can't find any place to change the setting to save to my local drive....
  8. Rise of Nations Extended edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations Extended edition: Where in Rise of Nations do I tell it to save games on the local computer rather than to the cloud. I try to save now and it says the cloud server is full. I'd rather save to the computer than to the cloud, I only have it on this one computer. How do I save locally?...
  9. Rise of Nations on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of Nations on W10: I used to play this game on W8.1, but since installing W10, I get a message about "MSXML4", what does this mean and how can I play the game?. 21627
  10. My computer is having an identity crisis

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer is having an identity crisis: I am trying to repair my Homegroup, which I use for synchronizing two computers. I have two machines ("Dell" and "Vaio") on a Homegroup. The network was created on Vaio, and Dell joined after that. Both systems were running Win 7-64 Pro, and folder sharing has been set up. Up...