Windows 10: Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft

Discus and support Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was called at 13.08 on Wednesday 20th March 2019 by someone claiming to be from Microsoft . This was the second call in two days from someone saying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PensionerVal, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft

I was called at 13.08 on Wednesday 20th March 2019 by someone claiming to be from Microsoft . This was the second call in two days from someone saying that they were from Microsoft, I put the 'phone down on the first caller saying that I did not talk to scammers.

On this second occasion I decided to try to get some information from him. He had an Indian accent, and asked me to confirm that I had a computer, which I did. He asked whether I was the sole user of the computer I said yes. He then said that my computer had been hacked and was being used for illegal purposes and I needed to put my computer on so that they could fix it for me. I said that I would not do this as I did not respond to cold calls in that way. He then became more insistent and said that they had my computer number and if I put my computer on then I could check the number with the number he would give me. I asked him to give me the number and said I would check it later. He then became rather unpleasant and forceful and said that they were doing me a favour by trying to help and that I should put my computer on right away. I asked him to give me the number and he gave me a number 888DCA60 I then said that I would check that later when I put my computer on. He then became even more forceful, even to the point of sounding slightly aggressive and said "just put you computer on I am trying to help". I again refused and asked him to call back tomorrow when I had had the time to check the number he gave me. He began to get quite agitated and I then told him that I was busy and needed to be somewhere and if it was really a problem he should call me back and I put my phone down.

I then telephoned 1471 and that system told me that I had received a call from 02082246361. Some time later after I had used my landline on a different call II called that number which rang out for a long time. When I was about to put my phone down it suddenly clicked and I heard a recorded message saying "unfortunately the person you are calling is not here at the moment please leave a message and we will get back to you" I did not leave a message.

Is there a way of reporting these incidents to the Police and evidence needs to be collected and these people stopped.

I wasn't scammed but it would have been so easy to have been convinced by him. I have come to the conclusion that most 'cold' telephone calls are scams and I act accordingly.

:)

PensionerVal, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft

Smeed, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft

1. Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft - Similar Threads - Scams fake calls

2. Recieving a fake call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recieving a fake call: My grandmother and I live togethor. As I was leaving my school and coming home I called her and told her I was coming home. When I came home, like one hour later, she recieved a call from me. This isn't first time. Call was from messanger but my sister picked up phone as my...
  3. Recieving a fake call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recieving a fake call: My grandmother and I live togethor. As I was leaving my school and coming home I called her and told her I was coming home. When I came home, like one hour later, she recieved a call from me. This isn't first time. Call was from messanger but my sister picked up phone as my...
  4. Is this a scam and fake?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a scam and fake?: My computer locked up and said that I had been hacked. I called the number that it showed 8776860081 and the guy gave me all this information and said I needed to buy a warranty or all my info would be lost. It seemed like a scam so I ended the call. Just wanted to make sure....
  5. Scam calls

Scam calls: Avast and windows defender Virus and fake tech support never do a fake free gift-card just like this this is a scam don't go to it[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-calls/96dd9244-d803-48cd-8d88-47d09095ef3a
  6. fake support scam

fake support scam: how to I get repair scam message off my computer? - Widows 10 [moved from Office/SharePoint Online/Windows 10/Office 365 for business] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fake-support-scam/3cdd3d57-8109-4d3f-885d-4121b13ca125
  7. Fake phone calls

Fake phone calls: Will Microsoft ever ring me about security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fake-phone-calls/ea20ca08-161c-497f-a6f4-21eb3414533c
  8. Fake Microsoft Call or Not?

Fake Microsoft Call or Not?: I have been getting calls saying I have a refund from Microsoft (but I did not buy anything). I have been getting calls from Microsoft saying I have been hacked by other countries. For awhile I actually got "danger notices" in my email where the screen turned red with an...
  9. Scam calls from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls from Microsoft: Is there anywhere to report the phone numbers that these scammers are calling from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-calls-from-microsoft/3dd5885e-04dc-4338-bd0b-e21b81b0355b
  10. Scam calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls: Can somebody out there help me PLEASE. The last two nights I have been woken by "this is Microsoft" . The calls came Wednesday 7/11/18 11:30p.m. and 7/12/18 12:15 a.m. Friday 7/13/18 at 12:00a.m. and 12:30 a.m. Help please...