Windows 10: Scams

Discus and support Scams in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i received call saying my microsoft account has been compromised from several different countries and that my account will be shut down. They want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by steventloos, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Scams

i received call saying my microsoft account has been compromised from several different countries and that my account will be shut down. They want to fix the problem. They are not microsoft employees. Is this a scam? Will my a/c be shut down?

:)

steventloos, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

Scams

Smeed, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Scams

1. Scams - Similar Threads - Scams

2. Computer lock-down, possible scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer lock-down, possible scam: I was recently browsing some recipes in Chrome when a red website appeared and a voice said it had locked down my computer. It wouldn't closeby hitting the X at the top so I opened the Task Manager and closed my browser. That worked. It happened one other time within an...
  3. Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.: My sister & I are trying to help our 90-yr-old parents from being hacked, spammed, be subject of phishing, etc. We monitor their activity--potential junk/spam e-mail. Are there settings I could turn on in their Mail applications to help curb this problem? When I visit them,...
  4. Phone Scam

Phone Scam: At 10:28 a.m. this morning I received a call from a "Microsoft Support Team" member names Aaron Mathew. He sounded foreign...maybe India. Anyway I was transferred to him from the first guy that I talked with. Aaron said there were issues with my IP address being...
  5. I was scammed for 350 euro today with a so called support from micrsoft from...

I was scammed for 350 euro today with a so called support from micrsoft from...: I was scammed for 350 euro today with a so called support from Microsoft from www.support.me +I was called by telephone. I was called before from numbers in Estonia- They uploaded from distance 2 programs on my computer. they knew all my personalization before hand,...
  6. Recently i had purchased A+VCE Pro from Microsoft store and have appeared to be scammed by...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recently i had purchased A+VCE Pro from Microsoft store and have appeared to be scammed by...: Recently i had purchased A+VCE Exam simulator from Microsoft store and have appeared to be scammed by Microsoft. This product worked for all of 3 weeks and only added a couple of Premium files. At the beginning of May the product stopped working. The product opens up but is...
  7. Possible scam, possibly not. Need verification on this ASAP

Possible scam, possibly not. Need verification on this ASAP: Hello. I hope you are having a good day, reading these problems all day probably can get pretty monotonous. So I thought I'd start by saying thank you for helping me with this issue. I truly do value the help. Now, recently a group called PC NETWORK EXPERTS installed showed...
  8. Spoofing Microsoft - Telephone scam - Fraudulent Webpage - Ransoms

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spoofing Microsoft - Telephone scam - Fraudulent Webpage - Ransoms: Microsoft as of yet, does not have an easy way to notify the proper people in security of scams representing to be from MicroSoft. Impersonating a tradename / trademark is a federal offence. Microsoft makes it difficult to notify their security of these types of...
  9. Is Virus Eraser a Scam

Is Virus Eraser a Scam: I paid Virus Eraser $399 10 months ago. Today I received a text message telling me my contract would be automatically renewed for 3 years for $2000. I called them back to tell them I do not want anything from them. They claim they will refund me the $399 but they need access...
  10. I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?

I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?: I am being warned to install PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be deleted. Is this true or is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-being-told-to-load-pc-cleaner-otherwise-my/006a4b9d-931c-4b0d-99a8-5365950c9241"