Windows 10: Scan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive

Discus and support Scan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello: I have a 8GB HP thumb drive with a lot of old pictures on it and it was working and then all the sudden it was not. When I plug it into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cathy B_860, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Scan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive

Hello:

I have a 8GB HP thumb drive with a lot of old pictures on it and it was working and then all the sudden it was not.

When I plug it into the computer now (Windows 10) It says to scan and fix, I tried and it cannot fix it. It says it has problems and to try again, and again and again.

Any ideas on how to fix and get my pictures off of it?????

Thank you so much!

C

:)

Cathy B_860, Jul 18, 2019

2. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Jul 18, 2019
  3. Thumb drive issue

W10 won't recognize my USB thumb drive. Would like to be able to install music to this drive, but doesn't show up on

"Send To" list or on the drives shown in "This PC". Never had this issue in W7 Home, so wondering if there's a fix for W10.

Bob

BobLandryZS, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Scan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive

Scanning and repairing drive (CScan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CScan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Scan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive

1. Scan and Repair cannot fix thumb drive - Similar Threads - Scan Repair cannot

2. "Scanning and repairing" Drive C: doesn't fix problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Scanning and repairing" Drive C: doesn't fix problem: When I tried use the backup utility for my C: drive I got a message saying the backup size was 0. I scanned the remote target drive and it said there were no errors.When I ran "check" on my C: drive it said there were errors and I needed to restart to repair them. I...
  3. "Scanning and repairing" Drive C: doesn't fix problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Scanning and repairing" Drive C: doesn't fix problem: When I tried use the backup utility for my C: drive I got a message saying the backup size was 0. I scanned the remote target drive and it said there were no errors.When I ran "check" on my C: drive it said there were errors and I needed to restart to repair them. I...
  4. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  5. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  6. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Scanning and repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and repairing drive: Every time I try to boot my windows 10 pc, a message on the windows 10 boot menu says - " scanning and repairing drive C". This scanning and repairing lasts for 2-3 seconds and then my pc boots normally. This happens every time I try to start my pc.My specs are - Device name...
  8. Scanning and Repairing drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and Repairing drive: Hi. I have an issue with my drives. So whenever i start my pc, I always get a message saying scanning and repairing drive (C:) but then a few seconds later my lockscreen appears. I have tried to repair the drive through the errorchecking tool but restarting my computer has...
  9. Scan Thumb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan Thumb drive: CAN YOU SCAN A THUMB DRIVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scan-thumb-drive/8ddb7440-d363-4537-a0ec-36555d567aa6
  10. windows defender automatically scan thumb drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender automatically scan thumb drives: plugged in USB thumb drive opened windows explorer right clicked drive scan with windows defender and it said scanning pc but it never shows any options so I dont know if it scanned pc or usb for sure why or not 42160