Windows 10: Scan and repair disc utility fails

Discus and support Scan and repair disc utility fails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After the computer was put to sleep the C drive has gotten some error. Windows prompts me to restart the computer to be able to repair the drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stipd, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Stipd Win User

Scan and repair disc utility fails

Hi,

After the computer was put to sleep the C drive has gotten some error. Windows prompts me to restart the computer to be able to repair the drive. The problem is that after the countdown for me to be able to press a key to skip the disc checking it fails and the countdown reappears a second time. Then after about 3 seconds of it saying: "Scanning and repairing C drive" it stops and the computer boots normally but i still get the same prompt to restart the computer for it to repair C drive.

:)

Stipd, Jan 19, 2021

2. cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Scan and repair disc utility fails

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Scan and repair disc utility fails

1. Scan and repair disc utility fails - Similar Threads - Scan repair disc

2. repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  3. repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  4. repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  6. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  7. Windows 10 - Scanning and Repairing Disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Scanning and Repairing Disc: Hi, Since yesterday upon boot up, my laptop has been doing a disc check, saying that it is scanning and repairing disc, in my case Disc Drive C:. I would like to know the cause of this and why it is happening. It did not do any of the mentioned procedures before. If there...
  8. Scan disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan disc: I cannot find a place on my computer to insert a microscan disc; can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-disc/6d35c91d-19b9-4ca0-8056-e8b28b877109
  9. mri scan disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mri scan disc: mri scan disc will not open message tells me i need java 1.6 were would i get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mri-scan-disc/6f75c788-a6be-42c3-a85a-7013ce3579ea"
  10. Creators Update ~ Flash System Repair Disc Fail

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creators Update ~ Flash System Repair Disc Fail: I used to create system repair discs for my PC's just in the event of a failure. Now problem is that for some reason Windows has stopped offering the ability to create a system repair disc to Flash Disk. It used to, but it just stopped, saying that there is no DVD drive...