Windows 10: Scan and Repair drive on startup

Discus and support Scan and Repair drive on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I start my pcWindows10 it automatically starts running the scan and repair drive on my D drive. It usually takes a minute or two so my bootup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Patriotguy95, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Scan and Repair drive on startup

Whenever I start my pcWindows10 it automatically starts running the scan and repair drive on my D drive. It usually takes a minute or two so my bootup is quite a bit slower than normal20 seconds. It never actually does anything though, because I've actually ran scan and repair on purpose before and it took hours. My PC never gets errors with files, so I don't think my drive is corrupt. Is there anyway I can stop scan and repair from running automatically, thanks.

*I've already tried running scan and repair again and purpose and it didn't work very well it would clear the issue for a couple of days, but scan and repair would happen again

:)

Patriotguy95, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Scanning and repairing drive (CScan and Repair drive on startup :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CScan and Repair drive on startup :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Milennin Win User
    Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives, but since then it has been slow with starting up Windows, attempting to scan and repair an unknown drive before the login screen.

I need help to figure out which disk it is referring to and how to get rid of the scan and repair thing on start-up.

Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.900)

(Link to the previous thread: Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up
    Tried the things listed there, but couldn't get much further. Was suggested to start this new thread...)

Milennin, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Scan and Repair drive on startup

Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Scan and Repair drive on startup

1. Scan and Repair drive on startup - Similar Threads - Scan Repair drive

2. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  3. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  4. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scanning and repairing drive

Scanning and repairing drive: Every time I try to boot my windows 10 pc, a message on the windows 10 boot menu says - " scanning and repairing drive C". This scanning and repairing lasts for 2-3 seconds and then my pc boots normally. This happens every time I try to start my pc.My specs are - Device name...
  6. Scanning and repairing drive stuck at 100% during startup for hours

Scanning and repairing drive stuck at 100% during startup for hours: Here's a picture-It stays like this for an hour or 2 until i can finally get into my computer. But thats not it, my computer also runs at terribly slow speed, i managed to open task manager and saw my disk usage was skyrocketing at 100% all the time for no reason, it didnt...
  7. Scanning and repairing drive C

Scanning and repairing drive C: Each and everytime I start my machine This dialogue appears during boot: Scanning and repairing drive C. I properly turn off my pc from start menu. I have a ssd and my pc usually boots within10-15seconds but now it takes longer to boot....
  8. Scanning and Repairing drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and Repairing drive: Hi. I have an issue with my drives. So whenever i start my pc, I always get a message saying scanning and repairing drive (C:) but then a few seconds later my lockscreen appears. I have tried to repair the drive through the errorchecking tool but restarting my computer has...
  9. Windows scanning and "repairing" drive each startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows scanning and "repairing" drive each startup.: Since I reinstalled windows on my new m.2 drive, I have been getting the black screen with the blue windows logo each launch. I've checked my drive health with Crystal Health and it is 100%. My m.2 is the only drive listed on the boot menu. I've tried doing the optimize tool...
  10. "Scanning & Repairing Drive" error at Startup -CCCleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Scanning & Repairing Drive" error at Startup -CCCleaner: At boot up get "Scanning & repairing driver...…." at startup after using CCCleaner. I've reversed the action, but it didn't help. I contact CC Cleaner & they were of no help. My laptop boots after about 2 minutes and runs fines. I've went back to previous point and that...