Windows 10: Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner"

Discus and support Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble scanning. When I install my printer/scanner the scanner app sees the scanner for a day or 2 and then has issues connecting to it I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chff, Sep 29, 2020.

1. chff Win User

Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner"

I'm having trouble scanning. When I install my printer/scanner the scanner app sees the scanner for a day or 2 and then has issues connecting to it

I have already uninstalled & reinstalled multiple times

Scanner shows up in settings, and shows as "This device is working properly."

It's a brother MFC-L2710DW. Windows 10 os build 19041.508

:)

2. Scanner Problem

Hi,

This issue you're experiencing with your scanner is because the network signal is loosing connection and freezing the scan task or the previous scan operation never ended. For us to better assist you with your issue on your scanner, we'd like to ask a few
    questions.

• Have you made any changes or updates to your computer prior to this?
    • Have you tried uninstalling the scanner software?
    • Are you using a wired or a wireless scanner?
    • Have you tried unplugging the power cord from back of the scanner while the scanner is on?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Scanner problem

Hi Jim,

There may be a number of reasons for this type of issue to occur, and that is what we are going to determine first. Kindly provide answers to the questions listed below:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
    • Are you using the built-in Windows Fax and Scan app? Or are you using other app or program to scan?
    • Is the printer/scanner working? Is it doing other tasks properly like printing just fine?
    • Is the printer connected wired, wireless or via network?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner"

Windows 10 fax and scan does not recognize my scanner

I have exactly the same problem - my all-in-one printer prints perfectly and used to scan perfectly too. Now it says that it cannot detect the scanner.

I am using an Epson WF-4640 and Windows 10. Again, printing works like a dream, which suggests that all is connected quite happily.

I have tried:

• uninstalling and reinstalling the printer
    • updating the printer drivers
    • searching for "Windows Fax and Scan" in the programs and apps, to update it, but I cannot find it
    • likewise, when I go into the device manager, there is no separate scanner listed (I thought this might give me an option to update the driver) - although the printer is shown
    • using "Scan" instead, which the Microsoft app store tells me I have installed, but when I run it, it says that first I have to "connect a scanner" - my scanner is turned on and connected, so I am not sure where to go from here!

Any other suggestions, please? At the moment I am plugging the gap by scanning by the very inferior Epson Scan utility, but I much preferred Windows Fax and Scan - when it worked...

Susievintage, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner"

1. Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner" - Similar Threads - Scan App Problem

2. Problem connecting to scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem connecting to scanner: Hello again,I update driver to my Canon PIXMA MX410 series on W10, Unfortunately I am getting:"Problem connecting to scanner, we can't find a scanner." even though it is connectedto pc by USB.What should I do to have it recognized and be able to use it?Please adviceThank...
  3. Problem connecting to scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to scanner: Hello again,I update driver to my Canon PIXMA MX410 series on W10, Unfortunately I am getting:"Problem connecting to scanner, we can't find a scanner." even though it is connectedto pc by USB.What should I do to have it recognized and be able to use it?Please adviceThank...
  4. Problem connecting to scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scanner connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner connection problem: Just converter to Windows 11. I have an Epson Perfection V370 scanner connected to a USB port. The laptop recognizes the scanner's presence. However, neither Windows Scan nor Epson scan software "sees" the scanner. In other words, the scanner hardware is recognized; however,...
  6. Scanner connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner connection problem: Just converter to Windows 11. I have an Epson Perfection V370 scanner connected to a USB port. The laptop recognizes the scanner's presence. However, neither Windows Scan nor Epson scan software "sees" the scanner. In other words, the scanner hardware is recognized; however,...
  7. Windows Scan app -- connection to scanner

Windows Scan app -- connection to scanner: I am using an HP printer, scanner all-in-one machine whichis wirelessly connected to my computer – I can print from the computer with notrouble at all. When I open the Windows Scan app, it asks me to “connect withthe scanner”. As far as I am concerned, it is already...
  8. Scan App - Problem Connecting to Scanner

Scan App - Problem Connecting to Scanner: I have a fully functional Brother all-in-one on my wi-fi network, and WIN 10 can print to it. But the Scan app cannot seem to find it. The Win Fax & Scan app which is awful to use can find it. Have done restarts, etc. Everything is updated....
  9. problem connecting to scanner.

problem connecting to scanner.: My printer connection is fine, but when I try to connect to scanner, pop up box says cannot connect due to IPaddress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-connecting-to-scanner/4407c93c-622f-420b-b7c0-f0f265b54203
  10. Scanner Problems

Scanner Problems: I have a problem with my scanner as it will not connect to my laptop as it shows on the screen ' computer cannot be found ' at present as it has worked before on 2 occasions Once when the laptop did a Feature Update When I changed the name of the laptop On both occasions...