Windows 10: Scan app

Discus and support Scan app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Scan won't recognize my Brother all in one MFC-7440N as a scanner, just a printer. I just got a new Dell laptop and I'm trying to use that app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LauraJohnson7, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Scan app

Scan won't recognize my Brother all in one MFC-7440N as a scanner, just a printer. I just got a new Dell laptop and I'm trying to use that app.

:)

LauraJohnson7, Oct 26, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Scan App

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues using the Scan app on Windows 10. I will certainly help.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Run the Apps troubleshooter

Run the App troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly.

Click here to
    download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for the update

Go to Windows Store and check any updates
    available for the Scan App. If available, install the updates and see if the app work as expected.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Scan app

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Scan app

1. Scan app - Similar Threads - Scan app

2. my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for...: my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for 2 seconds but before accessing the menu it closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-app-does-not-open-i-tried-all-scans/78aa86e2-9e7c-4c72-b531-4fd94b354335
  3. my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for...: my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for 2 seconds but before accessing the menu it closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-app-does-not-open-i-tried-all-scans/78aa86e2-9e7c-4c72-b531-4fd94b354335
  4. Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11: Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-fax-and-scan-app-for-win-11/8eabebe5-5e97-4c00-a7bf-2ccaf873b36d
  5. Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11

Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11: Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-fax-and-scan-app-for-win-11/8eabebe5-5e97-4c00-a7bf-2ccaf873b36d
  6. Microsoft Scan App Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Scan App Windows 11: I am using the Microsoft scanning app in Windows 11. When I scan multiple pages using the automated document feeder on an Epson XP-7100 printer / scanner, alternate pages are upside down. I am unable to install the software supplied by Epson becasue it is not approved for...
  7. Microsoft Scan App Windows 11

Microsoft Scan App Windows 11: I am using the Microsoft scanning app in Windows 11. When I scan multiple pages using the automated document feeder on an Epson XP-7100 printer / scanner, alternate pages are upside down. I am unable to install the software supplied by Epson becasue it is not approved for...
  8. Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?: I just installed the Windows Scan App on 2 computers for 2 coworkers and every time the app opens it crashes. Sometimes it will allow me to open the app but won't see the printer/scanner. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have tried to repair and reset. I made...
  9. Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?

Why does the Windows Scan App keep crashing?: I just installed the Windows Scan App on 2 computers for 2 coworkers and every time the app opens it crashes. Sometimes it will allow me to open the app but won't see the printer/scanner. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have tried to repair and reset. I made...
  10. How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.

How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.: I had two McAfee apps on my list of Installed Apps and I was able to uninstall one of them but not the McAfee Security Scan Plus app. When I click on Uninstall for the McAfee app, I get a pop-up that will not open all the way. I think it is telling me what I will be losing if...