Windows 10: Scan directory to search for files that were modified after a certain date?

Discus and support Scan directory to search for files that were modified after a certain date? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm looking for a command-line or PowerShell script that can search for files within that directory that were modified after the date specified in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AkheeraBaloch, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Scan directory to search for files that were modified after a certain date?

I'm looking for a command-line or PowerShell script that can search for files within that directory that were modified after the date specified in the command. If this can be done within File Explorer itself it would be better too. I just don't want any 3rd party programs. Thanks.

:)

AkheeraBaloch, Aug 24, 2021

2. How do I search for files modified after a certain date in Windows 10, NOT files just modifies last week,month,year,etc

Hello Jay,

Thank you for your response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open a Folder and type a file you wanted to search.
    • Type ModifiedScan directory to search for files that were modified after a certain date? :Date of modified in the search box. Example:
      Modified:1/7/2016
    • It will show all the files which are modified on the particular date.
    Hope this information helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 24, 2021
  3. CBroda Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't find some files by date modified

Just tried some batch files with some DOS commands. Curiously when I found one to search my D drive using a string of text (yesterday's date), several files showed up. All were modified yesterday and are on my D drive. Here it is:

@Echo off

dir D:\*.* /s /t:c | findstr "7/31/2017" >Directory_by_date.txt

start /w notepad "Directory_by_date.txt"

exit

When I looked at the few files that showed up in the File Explorer search by date, THEY WERE NOT THE SAME LISTS AT ALL! Not one file was on both lists. And neither list had a couple of files I knew were modified yesterday.

So now I have three ways to search for files by modified date:

• DIR gives me one list.
    • File Explorer search gives me a different list.
    • Visually scanning every directory I know I worked on gives me other files that were modified yesterday, some on the above lists some not.
    So what this means is no method is reliable.

I give up.

CBroda, Aug 24, 2021
  4. Scan directory to search for files that were modified after a certain date?

How do I search for files modified after a certain date in Windows 10, NOT files just modifies last week,month,year,etc

Thank you for your answer. The drop down list does not give me the option of a specific date modified. I can request files modified the last week, month, etc. I want to find file modified from a certain date which is more than one year. I can get a
    list of all files modified during the last year, but I need also some files modified more that a year ago.

Can you help?

JayLevinson, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

Scan directory to search for files that were modified after a certain date?

1. Scan directory to search for files that were modified after a certain date? - Similar Threads - Scan directory search

2. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. Dates modified

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dates modified: I did a factory reset on my laptop, and chose the delete everything, but I still have some files saying they were modified before the factory reset? submitted by /u/Hi_im_joker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lugnqk/dates_modified/
  5. Unable to search Pictures file by date modified anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to search Pictures file by date modified anymore: I put all my photos that I edit into the Pictures folder. I used to upload them to Facebook and Instagram by selecting them by "Date Modified" in the upper right corner.... That option disappeared for some reason and I can't find how to get it back... Any ideas what...
  6. Search for documents created or modified between dates

Search for documents created or modified between dates: Seems like Microsoft disabled this function... can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-documents-created-or-modified-between/e8564468-daf5-4aad-b877-9dd690fcd47f
  7. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  8. date modified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    date modified: when Im looking for files it no longer lets me do date modified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-modified/35718835-05a2-4282-8ba9-ed627239b036
  9. Cannot search for files by date modified.

Cannot search for files by date modified.: There are not search options in Windows 10. I cannot find where to select search by date modified: xx/xx/xxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-search-for-files-by-date-modified/8975c3ad-ccd7-43d3-96f7-50aed8abaf3b
  10. Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified)

Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified): I've recently been moving a lot of pdf files from an "unsorted" folder to others where they are sorted by content. There is one I saw about a week ago I am trying to find again, but none of the search options seem to work for locating it because moving a file from one folder...