Windows 10: Scan Disk D: drive

Discus and support Scan Disk D: drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When trying to format scan disk on my laptop, message appears, D: drive not valid drive. What is going on and how can I fix this? The scan disk is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GwenEnglish, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Scan Disk D: drive

When trying to format scan disk on my laptop, message appears, D: drive not valid drive. What is going on and how can I fix this? The scan disk is a read/write disk.

:)

GwenEnglish, Aug 31, 2019

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 31, 2019
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

Scan Disk D: drive

Duplicate D:\ drive

I never had to deal with junctions so I haven't a clue what to suggest. I'm thinking that the problem is on the D: drive. If it is than I don't see why saving the files and formatting the D: drive wouldn't work. If It's something on the C: drive causing this than I have no Idea what to try.

Winuser, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Scan Disk D: drive

1. Scan Disk D: drive - Similar Threads - Scan Disk drive

2. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  3. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  4. "Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:"

"Please insert a disk drive in Disk Drive D:": Hello!A friend of mine was moving some files into a USB flash drive and, after the operation was completed he used the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media to check if it was safe to remove the drive. After he confirmed that it was safe to do so he removed the drive just to...
  5. Drive D - disk reader

Drive D - disk reader: I would like to back-up data on drive D but when I insert a blank disk it asks that I format the disk. It will not allow me to format the disk. Is there a way to format a blank disk is Drive D? I am using a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521...
  6. Deleted Disk Drive D

Deleted Disk Drive D: I deleted my disk drive D when trying to merge it with drive C to increase storage space Whilst drive D was deleted, the option to expand C was unavailable. I tried doing this in Device Manager. I'm not sure what's happened and how to fix it. Google keeps telling me to...
  7. Disk Drive /d

Disk Drive /d: I cant get disc drive to read a disc. brand new laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d/016d5e71-76a0-44d9-b911-e980da5acbaf
  8. Disk Drive D

Disk Drive D: Drive (D:) is low on memory space . How do I free up storage space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d/2f745c9e-c99d-4bea-a2c9-ba8647dc4e85
  9. Disk Drive D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Drive D: I keep getting a message on my computer that local disk drive D is full however It doesn't show anything to get rid of in that disk drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/disk-drive-d/acf134eb-bb3f-4828-857c-02b6e81e6825
  10. Scanning and repairing drive D

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and repairing drive D: Hi guys im using a windows 10 acer predator desktop. Today after turning on my desktop it said scanning and repairing drive D without giving me the option to skip. I waited for it to be completed which took a few hours and after completing, it went to a black screen which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to scan d drive