Windows 10: Scan Disk Not Being Read

Discus and support Scan Disk Not Being Read in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My scan disk is not being recognized when I inset the card into my laptop. Do I need a driver downloaded for it to work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarolMatheson, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Scan Disk Not Being Read

My scan disk is not being recognized when I inset the card into my laptop. Do I need a driver downloaded for it to work?

:)

CarolMatheson, Mar 6, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 6, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    100% Disk Usage during startup/opening new programs

Hi Reaver,

Welcome to the 10forums Scan Disk Not Being Read :)

I see you ran chkdsk, but not in the way @dalchina suggested.
    Please follow below instructions and provide the requested screenshots/photos so we have some more information about the status of your hard drive.
    I understand you ran chkdsk before dalchina suggested it, but please run it again per the instructions.

Scan Disk Not Being Read [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

axe0, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Scan Disk Not Being Read

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Scan Disk Not Being Read :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Scan Disk Not Being Read

1. Scan Disk Not Being Read - Similar Threads - Scan Disk Being

2. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  3. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  4. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  5. scan a disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan a disk: i have windows 10, im trying how to run a microSD disk. can someone tell me how to run it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-a-disk/eba95761-c232-46b3-addf-c199a3f690af
  6. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.: Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use to install windows 10 onto it. Whenever I put the disk into the drive, it doesn’t recognize the disk. I can boot the pc using...
  7. Scan Disk

Scan Disk: Lately, every time I use the USB disk on my laptop, I get a notice saying there are problems with my USB. I must "Scan disk H". However, I have searched in vain on my laptop I have Windows 10 but get no indication of how I go about scanning my disk and fixing it. Can you tell...
  8. Disk driver not reading

Disk driver not reading: After installing Manjaro entire Windows is not booting up. To perform and clean installation disk 0 is invalid in Diskpart. Please help I cannot even install a new software or get my photos from the disk......
  9. Disk read errors

Disk read errors: Is Microsoft ever likely to read disks and handle read errors without taking for ever! It's NOT hard. I did this in the early '80s in assembler and I am not even a programmer. It was slow then using floppies and a read error could be taken care of in a few hundred...
  10. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...