Windows 10: scan failed virus found cant download

Discus and support scan failed virus found cant download in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi i can t download anything on my PC be it a PDF attachment in an email or a software program that i have paid for? ideas? Help?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JadeHi, Sep 18, 2020.

1. JadeHi Win User

scan failed virus found cant download

hi i can t download anything on my PC be it a PDF attachment in an email or a software program that i have paid for?

ideas? Help?

:)

JadeHi, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Niarod Win User

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, 'Couldn't download - virus scan failed message' when trying to download a program. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the program that you are trying to download?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Are you able to download any other programs?

I would suggest you to try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge and see if that helps.

If you are receiving this error while using Google Chrome, I would suggest you to refer the section
    "Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected" in the article Fix file download errors
    and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I would also recommend you to create a system restore point.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Kath UP Win User

'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

Kath UP, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. scan failed virus found cant download - Similar Threads - scan failed virus

2. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Couldn't download-virus scan failed": I did looked McFee and it showed no virus. Weird. Funny last week fine now it pop up "Couldn't download- virus scan failed. What should I do and please do step by step. Jean...
  3. Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus scan failed: Everything I download I get the failed-virus scan failed. I have tried turning off all virus scans, doing the registry edit, restarting in safe mode, and using other internet browsers. Nothing has worked....
  4. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

"Couldn't download-virus scan failed": I try all the options like that regedit thing and uninstalling my mcafee software but nothing works TT it always couldnt download-virus scan failed HELP plsss...
  5. Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue

Failed - Virus Scan Failed Issue: For no apparent reason, I can no longer download some email attachments or stuff from the internet. It says "Failed - Virus scan failed". I have done the regedit workaround which only worked once. What can I do?...
  6. Virus scan failed

Virus scan failed: I am unable to download any programs from the internet Windows 10, every time it states 'Virus scan failed'. I have tried several things that haven't fixed it so hoping this forum will provide an answer so I don't have to rebuild the system. Thanks...
  7. Failed-virus scan failed

Failed-virus scan failed: I keep getting this message every time I try to download anything. I purchased an antivirus specifically because of this issue and I wasn't even able to download the software. I went through the windows help suggestions on internet and security settings and it still didn't...
  8. "virus scan failed" message when downloading

"virus scan failed" message when downloading: Every time I try to download anything from the Internet (pictures, pdfs, new software) it comes up with a message saying "virus scan failed". I have looked at my virus software and couldn't see any details about why downloads are blocked, nor could I find any of my computer...
  9. Virus Scan Failed

Virus Scan Failed: Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?...
  10. virus scan failed

virus scan failed: whenever i try o download anything it says virus scan failed. macafee web advisor wont uninstall either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/ec932c18-be40-490d-acc3-29d35854d2b4