Windows 10: scan failure

Discus and support scan failure in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ive been tring to initiate a full scan on my acer predator but the system seems to b non responsive . There is nothing like hanging but the system just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChristinPM, Dec 3, 2019.

1. scan failure

ive been tring to initiate a full scan on my acer predator but the system seems to b non responsive . There is nothing like hanging but the system just doesn't initiate a scan

:)

ChristinPM, Dec 3, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 3, 2019
  4. avemaria Win User

scan failure

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

scan failure

1. scan failure - Similar Threads - scan failure

2. How to fix full av scan failure in Microsoft defender 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix full av scan failure in Microsoft defender 365?: I tried to run full AV scan Microsoft defender. I was waiting for 30 minutes and it was still showing scan pending then I closed and got to action centre and it said scan failed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. How to fix full av scan failure in Microsoft defender 365?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix full av scan failure in Microsoft defender 365?: I tried to run full AV scan Microsoft defender. I was waiting for 30 minutes and it was still showing scan pending then I closed and got to action centre and it said scan failed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. How to fix full av scan failure in Microsoft defender 365?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan send failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan send failure: We have experienced an issue for quite some time now and cannot find any solution. Not only that, but I also cannot even find a single post anywhere where someone else is asking for help with this particular issue. If our fax server calls a fax number and the receiving number...
  7. Driver power state failure with a scan code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver power state failure with a scan code: Evoo 14.1 ultra thin note book. After getting it set up & beginning to familiarize myself with it. I shut it down. Then when I turned it back on the light came on there was clearly power but the screen had no traffics, but u could tell it was on, black screen. I made all the...
  8. "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to self-healing command failure: 0xc0000102: Might not be relevant information but it's how I got here: It started with having an issue with File History. File History can no longer see my external hard drive. For reasons, I decided to stop file history and start it over fresh. But when I did that file history could no...
  9. FAILURE TO LOAD THE OS WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 After Automatic Restart while Hardware Scan...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FAILURE TO LOAD THE OS WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 After Automatic Restart while Hardware Scan...: I have a week back got My PC - Dell Vostro 15-3568 OS Recovery installed after experiencing innumerous errors and unable to load the Windows for nearly more than 3 months. Later, I have downloaded and installed Windows Updates and Dell Driver Updates. It has been working...
  10. Windows Defender Offline Scan failure with Error code: 0xc0000221

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan failure with Error code: 0xc0000221: When I run 'Windows Defender Offline Scan' the PC reboots and displays a blue "Recovery" screen saying: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors. File:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is quick scan available in w10 s mode