Windows 10: Scan file type

Discus and support Scan file type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and HP printer MFP M377dw. from windows scan app, I am not able to choose scanned file format to PDF. kindly guide me how can I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AvinashVaidya, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Scan file type

I have windows 10 and HP printer MFP M377dw. from windows scan app, I am not able to choose scanned file format to PDF. kindly guide me how can I do that or can I do that or not.

:)

AvinashVaidya, Aug 22, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Scan file type

I occasionally have a file that is visible in File Explorer but does not appear on the desktop. How can I fix this?

I understand, update us as soon as you performed the suggested troubleshooting. After doing so and still the issue
    persists, kindly perform a SFC and DISM. It is possible that there is a system file corruption causing the file to disappear. To run SFC and DISM, follow these steps:

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it again for 3 times after DISM):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

If possible, kindly provide us the return message so that we can investigate it further.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Scan file type

1. Scan file type - Similar Threads - Scan file type

2. File Types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Types: Hi Community. Dohn here again. All of my songs are MP3 files, except one. I have one M4A file, “Time Passages” by Al Stewart. Both file types play fine with Windows Media Player. Question? What is the difference between MP3 and M4A files? Thanks Community....
  3. File Types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Types: Hi Community. Dohn here again. All of my songs are MP3 files, except one. I have one M4A file, “Time Passages” by Al Stewart. Both file types play fine with Windows Media Player. Question? What is the difference between MP3 and M4A files? Thanks Community....
  4. File Types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I type on a document that has been scanned and is in a file

how do I type on a document that has been scanned and is in a file: how to type on a document that has been scanned and saved to a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-type-on-a-document-that-has-been-scanned/a3690a4e-06dd-4554-aa50-894e55540b2f
  6. file types

file types: OK to delete an ESD file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-types/2b7a6d85-cf63-4b57-9383-b7b28dfd249a"
  7. Scan file

Scan file: How do you reduce the size of the file you are trying to email or download? Every time I try to send a file from the file folder it takes up the whole screen and it won't process. I get error messages saying it is too large....
  8. which file types to exclude from AV scans?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which file types to exclude from AV scans?: I use NIS (free with Comcast). I have several TB of total files on my system and I would like to exclude file types can can be excluded safely. As an example, I do a lot of photography, so I want to exclude NEF (RAW file created by Nikon cameras) and PSD (file type created...
  9. Scan documents to files.

Scan documents to files.: I am getting an error message when I try to scan a document and create a file. MF Toolbox is being blocked. Says 'Could not write to the file" Is there a way for Windows Defender to scan the HP scanner to see if there is a virus or malware? Yesterday the computer would talk...
  10. Windows Defender "Scan Type Index"

Windows Defender "Scan Type Index": I found out how to see the event logs for Windows Defender scans from a thread on eightforums ("Windows Defender - where are the Scan Results?"). I just ran a full scan, but Windows Defender apparently ran a quick scan afterwards, so there is no confirmation on the WD user...