Windows 10: Scan Single File with Windows Defender

Discus and support Scan Single File with Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows support information states that to scan a single file or folder to <rightclick> the item in file explorer and select "scan" In win8.1 there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bevhoward, May 14, 2019.

1. bevhoward Win User

Scan Single File with Windows Defender

Windows support information states that to scan a single file or folder to <rightclick> the item in file explorer and select "scan"

In win8.1 there is no "scan" option when a file or folder is <rightclicked>

Any options to scan individual items?

Thanks in advance,

Beverly Howard

:)

bevhoward, May 14, 2019

2. HOW TO SCAN A SINgLE FILE WITH WINDOWS DEFENDER

Using Windows Defender, how to scan a single/one file

Ted Jamison, May 14, 2019
  3. HOW TO SCAN A SINgLE FILE WITH WINDOWS DEFENDER

Ted,

If you want to scan a single file, just right click on it and click
    scan with Windows Defender.

-=-

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, May 14, 2019
  4. etazo Win User

Windows 10 - Windows Defender - how to scan single file

I have the latest Windows 10 version at this time 18 July 2017.

I want to scan a single file in a simple way.

I right click the file, and select 'Scan with windows defender.'

I expect it to scan the single file, but it opens the Windows Defender Antivirus window. In that window, my only options seem to be quick, full or custom scan.

I know I can do a custom scan but I was wondering if there is a way to do the single scan with just a couple mouse clicks.

Does anyone have any advice?

etazo, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Scan Single File with Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Scan Single File

2. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files: So i saw google found a virus in a file i was trying to download but windows deleted it before finishing but even before that my windows defender gets stuck at 0 files scanned i am worried that a virus blocked it... what is says:Full scan runningEstimated time remaining...
  3. Windows defender only scanning few files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender only scanning few files: My windows defender is only scanning 17 files. I tried full scan, custom scan, quick scan and I tried 3 of these again after doing offline scan. I tried restarting the laptop but it doesn't have an effect on defender. My all systems and antivirus is updated. I don't have any...
  4. Microsoft Scanner stuck scanning a single file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Scanner stuck scanning a single file.: Hello! So, I left my pc on while I had to do some stuff elsewhere not very wise but, it was the best time to do so.It's been stuck in this single .exe file for the past hour at least. Should I restart the scanner? I'm afraid to do so, since it found 29 "Infected Files" that...
  5. Microsoft Scanner stuck scanning a single file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Scanner stuck scanning a single file.: Hello! So, I left my pc on while I had to do some stuff elsewhere not very wise but, it was the best time to do so.It's been stuck in this single .exe file for the past hour at least. Should I restart the scanner? I'm afraid to do so, since it found 29 "Infected Files" that...
  6. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  7. Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender

Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender: Can windows defender scan Jar files and tell me if they have malicious intents. I downloaded some safe jar files as mods for some of my game , but now I do wonder if there could be some kind of hidden virus windows defender cannot handle. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  8. Problem scanning certain files with windows defender

Problem scanning certain files with windows defender: Hello My windows defender has started having errors that stop working, stops and cannot be restarted, unless you start it from services.msc. Yesterday the antivirus was working fine, today I have updated to April 14, 2020 — KB4549951 cumulative update. I have applied the...
  9. Windows Defender only scanning 15 files

Windows Defender only scanning 15 files: Just today, Defender started scanning 15 files only (quick or full) Quick scan normally scans 38,000+Full 1.11M+ everything was OK yesterday, support will call on 20/09/2019 Running Windows 10 (1809) on i7 laptop Has anyone come across this before?...
  10. Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files: Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram. This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates. When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Single file Windows Defender virus search