Windows 10: Scan to a folder using Ricoh C5504ex

Discus and support Scan to a folder using Ricoh C5504ex in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I followed the instructions in the manual with no success, so tried YouTube, with equally disappointing results. Has anyone been able to set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WLCAWLCS, Apr 20, 2021.

1. WLCAWLCS Win User

Scan to a folder using Ricoh C5504ex

I followed the instructions in the manual with no success, so tried YouTube, with equally disappointing results. Has anyone been able to set up a folder to receive scans from this printer, and succeeded in seeing a resultant scan?

:)

WLCAWLCS, Apr 20, 2021
  2. CCNO2009 Win User

Ricoh scanning on Win 10

We are having this issue also with a Ricoh multifunction machine. Our office computers are steadily upgrading to Windows 10 and those that have will no longer accept a scanned file from the Ricoh MP C5000 via SMB. The link above is no longer working to
    check compatibility for this device. The full error message in the scanner is "Transmission Failed". Windows 7 worked flawlessly to receive scanned documents via SMB to shared folders.

Thanks.

CCNO2009, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Ricoh scanning on Win 10

Hi Paula,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you trying to set up the Ricoh scanner?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the model of the scanner?
    I suggest you to check whether the Ricoh is compatible with Windows 10 from the below link and check.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Scan to a folder using Ricoh C5504ex

Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to scan using the Ricoh scanner after Windows 10 Update.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PCs?
    • What is the model number of the Ricoh scanner?
    • How is the scanner connected to the PCs? (Wired/Wireless)
    • Are the PCs connected to a domain/organization network?
    • What is the KB number of the update installed prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would recommend you to update the Scanner driver. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Also refer this article for additional troubleshooting:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Install and use a scanner in Windows 10

You may also would like to install the RICOH Driver Utility
    and that helps.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Scan to a folder using Ricoh C5504ex

1. Scan to a folder using Ricoh C5504ex - Similar Threads - Scan folder using

2. Use MpCmdRun.exe to scan excluded folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use MpCmdRun.exe to scan excluded folders: I was wondering if there is a way to run a scan on a certain file even though the file is in the exclusion folder. I have a system that temporary saves files in a certain locationwhich is excluded from Windows Defender and from our application I want to use the exe file to...
  3. Use MpCmdRun.exe to scan excluded folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use MpCmdRun.exe to scan excluded folders: I was wondering if there is a way to run a scan on a certain file even though the file is in the exclusion folder. I have a system that temporary saves files in a certain locationwhich is excluded from Windows Defender and from our application I want to use the exe file to...
  4. Use MpCmdRun.exe to scan excluded folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner: We have 2 computers in our office that did the Windows 10 update. Now they are not able to receive scans from our Ricoh. Any fixes for this? Thanks ***Original Title: Microsoft Update***...
  6. Ricoh Copier MPC 2003 SMB scan to folder via PC name not working in windows 10, but SMB...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ricoh Copier MPC 2003 SMB scan to folder via PC name not working in windows 10, but SMB...: Hi all, I am having this Ricoh Copier MPC 2003. I have setup all PCs with SMB scan to folder via PC name. But some of the PC unable to scan via PC name. i have to change those pc scan setting via fixed ip address. All PC is clean install with windows 10 Pro. i...
  7. Setup RICOH Aficio 3228c Multifunction printer to scan to file

Setup RICOH Aficio 3228c Multifunction printer to scan to file: Hi. I'm trying to help my client get there RICOH mutifunction printer to scan to file on my clients new Windows 10 laptop but it's not working even when following the instructions on RICOHs website....
  8. RICOH Network scanner stops scanning after every windows update

RICOH Network scanner stops scanning after every windows update: We are a small company with 10 win 10 PC stations (DELL laptops). We use a RICOH Aficio network printer/scanner to print and scan. Mainly scan. Some of the laptops stop scanning after windows updates. There is no pattern. It happens to some of the laptops, not all, not...
  9. Folder 'Scan with'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder 'Scan with': Hello Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and in Windows 7 I had option to scan folder within Microsoft Security Essentials. Now that I'm using Windows 10 that options is gone. Is there anyway to turn on folder scanning, I have options to play it with VLC,...
  10. scan to folder

in Windows 10 Support
    scan to folder: Please help me how to scan to folder using Ricoh MP 161. I had no issues until I upgraded from 7 to 10 15306