Windows 10: Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:

Discus and support Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I recently installed a new HP Envy Photo 6200 Series Printer (All in One). I set it up for wireless on the 5 GHz band. Everything worked perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcd73165, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:

Hi. I recently installed a new HP Envy Photo 6200 Series Printer (All in One). I set it up for wireless on the 5 GHz band. Everything worked perfectly except at some point I noticed a Scanner icon with a red x in the notification area indicating that Scan to Computer is currently unavailable. When this happens I can still scan from my pc with the Scanner software. I just can't scan from the printer itself to the computer. If the error icon is clicked it opens the Print and Scan Doctor. Within that program I click check for scanning issues and it says it found an error or errors and fixed them. It didn't fix the problem even though it said it found error(s) and fixed them. When Scan to Computer is working properly, the Task Manager shows a ScanToPCActivationApp which is loaded from the Startup list. It disappears from the Task Manager when the error happens. If I click on the ScanToPCActivationApp in Program Files it will show up again in the Task Manager but the problem still remains. The only way I've found to get it running again is to restart the pc. I've researched the issue and tried the things that were suggested such as uninstall and reinstall printer software and drivers and changed the printer port all without success. The option to stop getting the error icon is to disable the ScanToPCActivationApp from Startup which means you can't scan from printer to pc. I think this may actually be a Windows 10 issue as the Wireless connection on the printer is solid and has never disconnected. I know that many people have had this issue. Sorry if this post is long, just trying to explain as best I can. Last thing is that the error seems to happen after the computer has been asleep for several hours. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Sep 1, 2019

2. scan to computer is currently unavailable

Scan to computer is currently unavailable

JerroldBoychuk, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Scan to Computer is currently unavailable HP 7520

Running Windows 10. HP Photosmart 7520.

My drivers are all up to date. Can print fine, but can not scan due to Message "Scan to Computer is currently unavailable". I have tried to disable and enable without any success.

dougmillevm, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:

Scan to Computer is currently unavailable HP 7520

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to try the steps suggested below in the HP article to scan files and documents and also the troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists:

Click Here

Also, refer the help article under the section "fix scanning feature":

Click Here

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:

1. Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue: - Similar Threads - Scan computer currently

2. Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello is currently unavailable: Hi All,After entering a lot of times incorrect PIN the windows hello is not working. Under All windows hello options I have the text: This option is currently unavailable....
  3. This option is currently unavailable pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This option is currently unavailable pin: HelloI can't change the password of the device I have Windows 11. I can't reset the device because I have Data and I can't take backup for now. Windows Hello Face recognition is unavailable what can I do ?Thanks...
  4. Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello is currently unavailable: 3 Days ago my fingerprint sensor stopped working. come to find out windows hello is disabled. How do i fix this? ive tried contacting microsoft but they transferred me and i waited 15+ mins with no response so i left chat. ive uninstalled the last windows update i dont know...
  5. Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello is currently unavailable: 3 Days ago my fingerprint sensor stopped working. come to find out windows hello is disabled. How do i fix this? ive tried contacting microsoft but they transferred me and i waited 15+ mins with no response so i left chat. ive uninstalled the last windows update i dont know...
  6. "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This option is currently unavailable": I got the new hp pavillion x360 convertible today with windows 11 and the Facial and fingerprint recognition is showing "This option is currently unavailable" and i can't find Biometric Devices when i go to Device Manager...
  7. "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This option is currently unavailable": I got the new hp pavillion x360 convertible today with windows 11 and the Facial and fingerprint recognition is showing "This option is currently unavailable" and i can't find Biometric Devices when i go to Device Manager...
  8. This option is currently unavailable?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    This option is currently unavailable?: Hello, I want to setup the window hello fingerprint lock but it shows error "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" Please give me solution I am using window 10 ©2020 I have enbled all the options in biometric but still persist...
  9. Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:: Hi. I recently installed a new HP Envy Photo 6200 Series Printer (All in One). I set it up for wireless on the 5 GHz band. Everything worked perfectly except at some point I noticed a Scanner icon with a red x in the notification area indicating that Scan to Computer is...
  10. Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:

in Windows 10 Support
    Scan to computer is currently unavailable issue:: Hi. I recently installed a new HP Envy Photo 6200 Series Printer (All in One). I set it up for wireless on the 5 GHz band. Everything worked perfectly except at some point I noticed a Scanner icon with a red x in the notification area indicating that Scan to Computer is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp smart scanning is currently unavailable