Windows 10: SCAN TO DESKTOP

Discus and support SCAN TO DESKTOP in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I BOUGHT A NEW HP PRINTER AND IT HAS SCAN TO EVERYTHING EXCEPT COMPUTER. THEY TELL ME I HAVE SET UP A NETWORK FOLDER. HOW DO I DO THAT? THIS IS MY... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Carmen L.Lopez, Mar 22, 2019.

1. SCAN TO DESKTOP

I BOUGHT A NEW HP PRINTER AND IT HAS SCAN TO EVERYTHING EXCEPT COMPUTER. THEY TELL ME I HAVE SET UP A NETWORK FOLDER. HOW DO I DO THAT? THIS IS MY LAST TRY BEFORE I RETURN THE PRINTER. ALL I WANT IS TO SCAN TO MY DESKTOP. WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT. !!

:)

Carmen L.Lopez, Mar 22, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 22, 2019
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Mar 22, 2019
  4. SCAN TO DESKTOP

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

SCAN TO DESKTOP

1. SCAN TO DESKTOP - Similar Threads - SCAN DESKTOP

2. Why does Defender Offline Scan take just seconds now? Does it even scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Defender Offline Scan take just seconds now? Does it even scan?: Or has Windows Defender itself been affected by a malware? I had recently removed a GandCrab.AF ransomware after it had been "allowed". It did not affect my computer (may be). I removed it with an offline scan. It had affected some registry files. These days, offline scan...
  3. Too long to full scan desktop pc - 16/7/2019

Too long to full scan desktop pc - 16/7/2019: It now takes a very long time for the desktop pc to be scanned for virus by MS Security Essentials. Previouisly, it takes maximum of 4 hours to do full scan. Now it takes about 3 times the time, 13 hours to fully scan. I’ve not downloaded or input any new or additional...
  4. How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically start a scan on my printer from desktop shortcut?: Is there a way to double click a desktop icon (or use a short cut key) to start a printer scan? Just trying to save a little time. Thanks...
  5. When I scan a doc it goes in my Desktop ok. But when I open it the doc has every scan and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I scan a doc it goes in my Desktop ok. But when I open it the doc has every scan and...: I scan docs to attach to an email. It scans ok and can be put on desktop or in documents. When I open the file it shows the scan but in the left corner it links to every scan and all my photos. I don't want my business associates to get all my scans or photos. What's up with...
  6. how to scan to desktop a document and open it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to scan to desktop a document and open it.: how to scan to desktop a document and open it. i have windows 10 and a al in one hp envoy printer scanner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-scan-to-desktop-a-document-and-open-it/04715068-b4ae-4e00-9c37-5edccf6311bd
  7. I have scanned a document into my desktop but can't locate it. How do I find it?

in Cortana
    I have scanned a document into my desktop but can't locate it. How do I find it?: how do I find a scanned document on my desk top using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-scanned-a-document-into-my-desktop-but-cant/e06db68a-5d48-4f89-9f15-158f8376a619"
  8. Windows Defender Slow Scans on an Intel I7 Desktop

Windows Defender Slow Scans on an Intel I7 Desktop: Hi All Issue is Defender scans really slow, like over 12 hours if I choose to do a full scan, Previous was Avast that was removed with the tool, Malwarebytes 3 Free, Is it cause I use the configure defender x64 utlity to up the cloud protection level and such Any advice...
  9. Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop

Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop: Up until a month ago, never had a problem running a full scan. After last big update when I open WD and select "Run New Advanced Scan" it crashes To desktop. I can run quick scan no problem. Windows 10 64-bit on desktop computer. I've run sfc /scannow with no issues...
  10. Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop can't scan from Brother all in one: I had an all in one Canon that would print but when I tried to scan it would say scanning but not start. Program would say scanner not detected/turned on etc. Thinking printer was bad I bought a new Brother all in one and same thing. I have uninstalled/reinstalled over and...