Windows 10: Scan to editable file

Discus and support Scan to editable file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I scan a word document to be able to edit it in word?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kbichard, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Kbichard Win User

Scan to editable file

How can I scan a word document to be able to edit it in word?

:)

Kbichard, Jul 25, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 25, 2019
  3. COM Surrogate; Cannot Edit Files Properties

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with editing properties on File Explorer. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check in safe mode

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to
    identify which Windows mode you're using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.
    • Click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
    • Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
    • If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click advanced options.
    • Tap or click Startup Settings.
    • Tap or click Restart.
    • On the Startup Settings screen, choose the Safe Mode.
    • Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
    If the issue doesn’t occur in safe mode, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions
    in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

*Steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Scan to editable file

Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of which are just plain junk) and would like to delete those as suggestions. I tried the steps with the following
    link and did not have any success. I do not have a AUTOCOMPLETE listing under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer".

The locked thread for a similar question under Windows Vista:

Edit autocomplete drop-down list for genre metadata in music files

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Z. Patton, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Scan to editable file

1. Scan to editable file - Similar Threads - Scan editable file

2. File history scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File history scan: I scanned my windows file history and it reported my device exceeded the recommendation from windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-scan/90cab54d-92b9-44b9-b769-deb4ee6f04cc
  3. MalwareBytes scheduled scan editing bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MalwareBytes scheduled scan editing bug: I am running MalwareBytes premium 4.1.2.73 (latest version). I am running it on Windows 10 Pro Ver 19040.450. MWB is running fine, but there is an irritating bug with the scheduled scan editor. I find it very clunky, in that if you want to change the frequency or times of a...
  4. Scanning as a pdf file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning as a pdf file.: I have Microsoft 10. My Windows fax and Scan will not offer me the option to scan documents as pdf nor to save them as such once scanned. I have tried the option of uninstalling and reinstalling but this has not helped. \i would be grateful for any ideas...
  5. Editing a scanned PDF document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing a scanned PDF document: I own a Microsoft Surface with the latest windows update (1903 I think). I used to be able to open a scanned document in Paint and edit it (this was primarily erasing unwanted content). I scanned a document today, and can find no way to edit it. Is there something I can...
  6. Scan file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan file: How do you reduce the size of the file you are trying to email or download? Every time I try to send a file from the file folder it takes up the whole screen and it won't process. I get error messages saying it is too large....
  7. Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit: I have a resume that has been downloaded for a while and when necessary was able to correct and change when ever I needed. I desperately need to update it and I can't. I have had to scan it scans to my laptop as a PDF. I no longer can scan and save as a doc. Why?...
  8. recieving a scanned file

in Windows 10 Customization
    recieving a scanned file: i cant recieve a scanned file from my fax machine, it has always worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recieving-a-scanned-file/65d722c1-3f22-49a7-ad09-0fff3766402e
  9. HOW can I edit the scanned document

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW can I edit the scanned document: using Windows 10 when scanning a document to computer HOW can I edit that document is there certain settings prior to scan? after scanned? HELP...
  10. Scan documents to files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan documents to files.: I am getting an error message when I try to scan a document and create a file. MF Toolbox is being blocked. Says 'Could not write to the file" Is there a way for Windows Defender to scan the HP scanner to see if there is a virus or malware? Yesterday the computer would talk...