Windows 10: scan to email setup failed with hotmail server

Discus and support scan to email setup failed with hotmail server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to setup scan to email scanning on Canon MF628cW all-in-one printer using hotmail server. Based on instructions in manual and YouTube videos, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NongJin, Jun 22, 2019.

1. NongJin Win User

scan to email setup failed with hotmail server

I need to setup scan to email scanning on Canon MF628cW all-in-one printer using hotmail server. Based on instructions in manual and YouTube videos, I tried the following setting combinations.

SMTP server: smtp-mail.outlook.com or smtp.live.com

E-mail Address: (my hotmail email address)

Use SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH) box: checked (also entered my email password for this item) or un-checked

Use TLS for SMTP box: checked or un-checked

SMTP port: 25 or 587

None of them worked. What went wrong in the setting? What are correct settings?

Thanks.

:)

NongJin, Jun 22, 2019
  2. puncha73 Win User

N8-Can't setup Hotmail

I found another way of getting this done. Delete the existing windows myemail setting altogether first.

Then setup a new mailbox and select "Other Accounts" rather than selecting Hotmail Account from the list. Then enter your hotmail email address and password, it will work with failing,...

puncha73, Jun 22, 2019
  3. jekiboi20 Win User
    Nokia Lumia 610 Hotmail Synchronizing

Try these steps:

Resync your Hotmail/Live account.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Email+Accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Live/Hotmail account.
    • Select Sync.
    If it doesn't work, reset your password on this link http://account.live.com then perform these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Email+Accounts.
    • Tap your Live/Hotmail account.
    • Then mark off the option of mail synchronization.
    • Reboot your phone and then activate the email sync again.
    If the above steps will not work, clear your history by doing these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer (on phone)
    • Tap (...) then go to Settings.
    • Select Clear History.
    Also, check that your server is "m.hotmail.com"

jekiboi20, Jun 22, 2019
  4. scan to email setup failed with hotmail server

Windows fax and scan setup fails

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that Windows Fax and scan setup fails.

I would like to know some information.

• What is the exact error message or code that you get?

I would suggest you to perform a SFC Scan and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link given below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: While performing SFC Scan I would recommend you to make sure that there are no applications or programs running on the back ground.

I would also suggest you to update and install the latest chipset drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if that helps.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

scan to email setup failed with hotmail server

1. scan to email setup failed with hotmail server - Similar Threads - scan email setup

2. Concerning Hotmail emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Concerning Hotmail emails: Hello,Hope you can help me; I have not received emails from my friend since October 1st, apparently, they are not reaching me.His email is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" is there a problem withHotmail or Yahoo. I did not block his email.I do receive his email...
  3. Concerning Hotmail emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Concerning Hotmail emails: Hello,Hope you can help me; I have not received emails from my friend since October 1st, apparently, they are not reaching me.His email is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" is there a problem withHotmail or Yahoo. I did not block his email.I do receive his email...
  4. Concerning Hotmail emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Hi,I am trying to install SSMS locally in order to connect to an Azure SQL Database. The installation does not work as displayed below, how can I resolve this issue?...
  6. Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Hi,I am trying to install SSMS locally in order to connect to an Azure SQL Database. The installation does not work as displayed below, how can I resolve this issue?...
  7. keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found'

in Browsers and Email
    keep losing hotmail email - 'server not found': For the past few weeks I've constantly been losing access to my hotmail email account through my laptop. I've tried via both Mozilla and Chrome but get the 'hmm, we're having trouble finding that site' message. If I turn my internet modem off and on I can then get access but...
  8. Hotmail emails will not send

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail emails will not send: I set up a new PC running Windows 10 and now emails from hotmail will not send? I have two different hotmail accounts and they won't send. They receive just fine. My Gmail account does work to send. What could be wrong with hotmail/outlook?...
  9. Hotmail. emails

Hotmail. emails: Ls. Ihave two email adresses , hotmail.com, in mail from windows. These are synchronised with other mail adresses. These two email adresses are getiing a warning sign regular and if I put the password in the system it will not help. I also do noetb receive email on these...
  10. Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails

Setup Mail app to access hotmail emails: For the last weeks, I get the following persistent message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested actions. Please install an email program, or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." And my...