Windows 10: scan to folder

Discus and support scan to folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please help me how to scan to folder using Ricoh MP 161. I had no issues until I upgraded from 7 to 10 15306 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Senganga, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Senganga Win User

scan to folder

Please help me how to scan to folder using Ricoh MP 161. I had no issues until I upgraded from 7 to 10

:)

Senganga, Aug 10, 2015

2. scan folder

I had a full page of scanned items i need for my job. They are all gone but about 7 of them. How do I get them back.

vegas vixen, Aug 10, 2015
  3. scan folder

Hi Vegas,

If you are looking for certain files, you can always use the search function in
    File Explorer.

scan to folder [​IMG]

You can also check your Recycle Bin in case the files got accidentally deleted.

It's a good practice to always keep a back up of your important files and that's where the
    File History come in handy. For instructions on how to back up and restore files using File History, please refer to this
    article.

Let us know if you need further help.

Adrianne Buc, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

scan to folder

That's a rather generic description, not much information given such as what error messages do you see, did you check with Ricoh for updated software for the device, etc.

Berton, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Senganga Win User
    The error I,m getting is Connection has failed, Check settings. I have checked the settings and everything looks ok to me.

Senganga, Aug 10, 2015
  6. robgr Win User
    Check if there's an updated driver, determine if the printer is compatible with WIn10

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  7. kkehoe Win User
    My comments apply to the Ricoh W2400/W3600...

A local business went from WinXP to Win8 and had the same problem with the same error message. Comments from other users indicate that Win8 uses a new version of SMB (3.0) that the Ricoh does not understand. Presumably Win10 uses the same version.

Ricoh tech support confirmed the issue and advised there was a firmware upgrade that would resolve the problem. The machine owner did not want to go that route so I set up an FTP Server on the PC and configured the scanner accordingly. Fortunately the change was transparent to the end-users.

So, I would check with Ricoh about a firmware upgrade for your scanner.

Kevin

kkehoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

scan to folder

1. scan to folder - Similar Threads - scan folder

2. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  3. I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I scan a file but not save in default folder in document /My scan, msg show no permission...: Screen shot Attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-scan-a-file-but-not-save-in-default-folder-in/0625891b-b953-4668-8ad1-bb235ef997ec
  4. Move many scanned documents to one folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move many scanned documents to one folder: Trying to place many scans into one folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-many-scanned-documents-to-one-folder/c0394e9c-7acc-4159-a2be-860b0156d511
  5. Move many scanned documents to one folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move many scanned documents to one folder: Trying to place many scans into one folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-many-scanned-documents-to-one-folder/c0394e9c-7acc-4159-a2be-860b0156d511
  6. Move many scanned documents to one folder

7. How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question: Good day Community So I have a major privacy concern.I have not uploaded anything to OneDrive due to Privacy reasons regarding my very personal photos.One day I installed OneDrive because Windows said it needed it to finish setting up my PC. OneDrive said I did not back up...
  8. How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question

How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question: Good day Community So I have a major privacy concern.I have not uploaded anything to OneDrive due to Privacy reasons regarding my very personal photos.One day I installed OneDrive because Windows said it needed it to finish setting up my PC. OneDrive said I did not back up...
  9. How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender: Hello,I have windows 11.There are many threats named win 32 in my pc and windows defender is not able to remove the threat. So I thought to go with custom delete but windows not giving me permission to open scan folder in windows defender please help me....
  10. How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender

How to get permission to open scans and quarantine folder in Microsoft defender: Hello,I have windows 11.There are many threats named win 32 in my pc and windows defender is not able to remove the threat. So I thought to go with custom delete but windows not giving me permission to open scan folder in windows defender please help me....