Windows 10: Scan to PDF

Discus and support Scan to PDF in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why doesn't my scanner have a file type of PDF? I wanted to scan a document to a PDF file and attach to an e-mail. And, it's a pretty big file. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NancyCarlsen, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Scan to PDF

Why doesn't my scanner have a file type of PDF? I wanted to scan a document to a PDF file and attach to an e-mail. And, it's a pretty big file. Help!

:)

NancyCarlsen, Mar 5, 2020

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Scan to PDF

Windows 10 Scan App - PDF File Sizes Too Large

Hi Teja,

There are several reasons why the scanned file as PDF gets too large. Here are the most common causes:

• Dot Per Inch (DPI) - Most scanners will use 300 DPI for scanning images, which is the minimum DPI for the images that were printed after scanning. However, 72 DPI should be already enough for a PDF that is for screen reading.
    • Saving the document as colored - Use black and white instead of color when scanning images to lessen file size. Make sure that any color settings such as
      Color Depth are also decreased.
    If the suggestions have been tried but the PDF file size is still too large, the next option is to check the PDF software that is performing the conversion itself.

Let us know if you were able to lessen the PDF file sizes using the suggestions above or if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Scan to PDF

1. Scan to PDF - Similar Threads - Scan PDF

2. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  3. I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes...: I scan and save in PDF and when open. Windows always does optimize to open and it messes the layout of words on pages. How do I open exactly what I scanned...
  4. PDF Scan Is Working Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Scan Is Working Again?: I do not have the slightest idea what happened. I have a Canon PIXMA TX 8220 printer/scanner. For awhile now, it has not offered a PDF scan option, but today when I opened the IJ Scan Utility, a new dialogue box with a PDF scan option was available. I updated Google Chrome...
  5. PDF Scan Is Working Again?

PDF Scan Is Working Again?: I do not have the slightest idea what happened. I have a Canon PIXMA TX 8220 printer/scanner. For awhile now, it has not offered a PDF scan option, but today when I opened the IJ Scan Utility, a new dialogue box with a PDF scan option was available. I updated Google Chrome...
  6. Why Does A Windows 11 Connected Printer No Longer Have PDF Scan Option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does A Windows 11 Connected Printer No Longer Have PDF Scan Option?: I will not bother to identify the brand of my printer because apparently, a number of people with various printer/scanner brands are experiencing this dilemma. I have downloaded the full suite of drivers / software for my printer/fax/scanner. I have checked the brand...
  7. Why Does A Windows 11 Connected Printer No Longer Have PDF Scan Option?

Why Does A Windows 11 Connected Printer No Longer Have PDF Scan Option?: I will not bother to identify the brand of my printer because apparently, a number of people with various printer/scanner brands are experiencing this dilemma. I have downloaded the full suite of drivers / software for my printer/fax/scanner. I have checked the brand...
  8. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  9. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  10. How do I scan a multi-page document as one PDF file using the Windows scan app?

How do I scan a multi-page document as one PDF file using the Windows scan app?: I would like to scan a multi-page document as one PDF file. How do I do this using the Windows scan app? Currently, each page saves as a separate scanned PDF. I am not sure how to scan it to create a multi-page document. I have Windows 11, version 22H2....