Windows 10: Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth?

Discus and support Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is a lot on the web about Scanguard, but most of the evidence appears to be circumstantial. I have yet to see any concrete evidence that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hairy Scot, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth?

There is a lot on the web about Scanguard, but most of the evidence appears to be circumstantial.
    I have yet to see any concrete evidence that the product is a scam.
    Has anyone come across anything definitive?

:)

Hairy Scot, Apr 8, 2017
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Windows Defender Error

Regarding Scan guard:

Is ScanGuard a legit program

I trust you have uninstalled Scan guard by now.

And the problem got fixed by itself?

Prashant Kumar

PrashantKumar96, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth?

While the company and it's software seem legit, I would call it a scam! They just want your money.
    From what I've read, if you run the trial version, it creates, seemingly, a bunch of false positives in an attempt to get you to purchase the full version.
    Personally, with Windows 10, I think any 3rd party security is a waste of time and money.

Edwin, Apr 8, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth?

1. Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth? - Similar Threads - Scanguard Legit scam

2. scam or legit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scam or legit: Me and my boss keeps receiving an email to this guy cali villegas claiming that he is from microsoft. he said that we need to pay a 2,088 dollars for the balance client access license plus the penalty is this legit? by the way the email he uses is from gmail.i need help with...
  3. scam or legit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scam or legit: Me and my boss keeps receiving an email to this guy cali villegas claiming that he is from microsoft. he said that we need to pay a 2,088 dollars for the balance client access license plus the penalty is this legit? by the way the email he uses is from gmail.i need help with...
  4. scam or legit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. CryptoTab Legit or Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CryptoTab Legit or Scam: Just finished doing some research on CryptoTab.After watching a video on it, it reminded me of the same marketing technique used by the hidden people from Bitconnect. Anyone remember them? LMAOWell, the CryptoTab domain is private. The company info can't be found and they...
  6. CryptoTab Legit or Scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CryptoTab Legit or Scam: Just finished doing some research on CryptoTab.After watching a video on it, it reminded me of the same marketing technique used by the hidden people from Bitconnect. Anyone remember them? LMAOWell, the CryptoTab domain is private. The company info can't be found and they...
  7. Is this Legit or Scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this Legit or Scam?: Hi recived mail from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this a legit mail? [Original Title: Mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-legit-or-scam/b69a33dd-79c6-4ce5-a50f-344b8d9181b4
  8. Isumsoft legit or scam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Isumsoft legit or scam?: Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this company and it's software. I've seen previous posts related to the company, but not many. My only concern, is the bad reviews the company has. Most are complaining about the customer service, or the product...
  9. Is this legit or is this a scam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this legit or is this a scam?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HistoryLord802 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2sr1p/is_this_legit_or_is_this_a_scam/
  10. Scam or legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam or legit?: 8-23-19 Received call today from a guy stating he was from MSN by name of Addi Wilson. He said he was a Senior System Engineer. Stated I have numerous viruses, malware and 3 episodes of someone trying to hack into system. Seemed legit to me so I gave him access to my...