Windows 10: Scanned Documents File not visible

Discus and support Scanned Documents File not visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. My Scanned Documents file is not visible. Scanned Documents are being scanned into that location. And I can see the file along with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brianholt3, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Scanned Documents File not visible

Hi. My Scanned Documents file is not visible. Scanned Documents are being scanned into that location. And I can see the file along with the documents in the pop up window once the documents are scanned but once I close that window I can no longer see it. Only way I can see this file location is to either scan a new document or type the file location into the file explorer address bar but this is a pretty tedious method. I've any suggestions?

:)

brianholt3, Feb 13, 2020

2. Scanned Documents will not post to file in Windows 10

Hi Dougars,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.

Next try to scan the documents and check if it shows the same error code.

Please let us know if it’s working.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 13, 2020
  3. GafferVI Win User
    Windows Fax & Scan files not visible after upgrade

Performed the upgrade to Win 10 and everything seemed to go well but when I opened Windows Fax & Scan, all of my past documents are not listed (inbox/ sent / etc. are empty)!

Suggestions as to where these files are now located???

GafferVI, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Scanned Documents File not visible

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Scanned Documents File not visible

1. Scanned Documents File not visible - Similar Threads - Scanned Documents File

2. Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders: Both my wife and I have administrator accounts on our PC. If my wife scans a document and saves the file in the Public Documents folder, both she and I can read it. If I scan a document and save the file in the Public Documents folder, only I can read it. I thought that all...
  3. Scanning documents to PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning documents to PDF file: How can I get documents to scan to a pdf file instead of the GIF, BITMAP, or PNG, These are the only options available in the scan application. I need to be able to scan documents and save them in a PDF format....
  4. scanned documents

in Cortana
    scanned documents: Is it possible to fax scanned documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanned-documents/a30e52f0-fc9f-4ff6-b0c9-51defcc3c7a5
  5. scanning documents

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning documents: I am scanning documents from my Epson scanner to my pc. All scans are going into Photos file. How do I move them into documents so I can edit them. Or, how do I scan them as documents into documents file,...
  6. Scan a document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan a document: How do I scan a document I want to email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-a-document/ac1eb9bb-2657-463c-a9ba-f610ab860325
  7. Scanning a document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning a document: I have placed a document in my scanner (MG5750 printer), and pressed the scan button. In the small screen on the printer, it says in a small oblong box 'Doc.type <Auto scan>, and at the bottom 'Scan, save, forward'. I pressed the 1st of the 3 buttons beneath the screen and...
  8. scan documents

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan documents: how to save or acquire scanned documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scan-documents/7fe0ab12-2f91-4edf-9047-eed43f73156b
  9. Scan documents to files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan documents to files.: I am getting an error message when I try to scan a document and create a file. MF Toolbox is being blocked. Says 'Could not write to the file" Is there a way for Windows Defender to scan the HP scanner to see if there is a virus or malware? Yesterday the computer would talk...
  10. Scanning a document

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning a document: G'day, Could somebody tell me how to turn a scanned document into a word document. I want to altar some of the words & add other sentences. Or please direct me to a sight that will tell me how to do it with Window 10. Cheers Perry 60294