Windows 10: scanner and printer

Discus and support scanner and printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jarp53, Apr 10, 2015.

1. jarp53 Win User

scanner and printer

build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated
    scanner and printer [​IMG]

:)

jarp53, Apr 10, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

My local network multifunction printer will not work in scan mode after Windows 10 installation

How is the network printer connected? It cannot be directly connected to another computer on the network. You can share printers that way but not scanners. The network printer-scanner must be connected to the router instead of another computer. Be sure
    to install the win 10 printer drivers and scanner software on the win 10. Get the instructions to setup a wireless network printer-scanner from the printer's support site.

mlg63, Apr 10, 2015
  3. Connecting a scanner

I have a Lenova on Windows 10. I have wirelessly connected an HP photosmart 2500 printer/scanner. The printer works.

I have downloaded the Windows Scanner App.

Settings shows that both printer and scanner are connected but when you try to scan it says that a scanner is not connected.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the scanner app and the printer download does not solve the problem.

Any clues

neillbarker, Apr 10, 2015
  4. scanner and printer

The scan app doesn't seem to be ready for prime time.

I tried pressing Show more and changing the destination, when that failed, I changed security (full control) on the folder to all authenticated users, everyone, and even my own user ID - nothing helped.

I think there's a principal specific to apps but I need to look for the exact name. If I find anything that helps, I'll post it - in the mean time, see if you can scan using the native function

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers
    Double click on your device and select scan

The process on my machine was a bit odd, it asked about groups and imports. I just gave it a name, bobsyouruncle, and that created a folder in my Pictures folder (C:\Users\\Pictures\2015-04-11 bobsyouruncle)

Please give MS feedback and I'll +me to it.

Slartybart, Apr 11, 2015
  5. jarp53 Win User
    that way it works, is funny but with the app i can even view the document but just would not let me save it , i think i'll try re installing the app see if it works, thanks again

jarp53, Apr 11, 2015
  6. Dumbuser Win User
    I can print to the printer on my local network okay but when I try to scan, I get the message (attached) that it can't find the scanner. I have downloaded all the driver files from Canon as well as deleting and reinstalling the MF4770n with no joy. (64 bit system) Help!!!

Dumbuser, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Contra Win User
    lol, I can print but only on B&W
    since the upgrade I have a Brother MFC

Contra, Aug 26, 2015
  8. gquiring Win User

scanner and printer

I cannot use my scanner either with Windows 10. I have the Canon MF4690, it prints but does not scan. I removed all drivers, updated to the latest and installed a patch from the CanonUSA site but nothing works. It worked fine on Windows 7.

gquiring, Dec 14, 2015
  9. Have you installed the latest up to date drivers from the source not the Microsoft ones
    I have pinned my Scan app to tiles so when I need it I just click on that.

hTconeM9user, Dec 14, 2015
  10. gquiring Win User
    I got my drivers from CanonUSA.com. They also had a patch which I installed. The scanner does not work same error as the other poster.

gquiring, Dec 15, 2015
  11. Someone on this forum had printer trouble and it worked out it was their antivirus stopping it.
    They were using Zone Alarm and it was stopping the printer/scanner from working.

hTconeM9user, Dec 15, 2015
  12. gquiring Win User
    I disabled my Anti virus, it's still not working. It worked fine on Win 7, upgraded to 10 and it stopped working. Although I updated the drivers from Canon, the scanner driver is dated 2007. I also have VMWare workstation and I ran my Win 7 container from the same host machine and it communicates fine with the scanner.

gquiring, Dec 15, 2015
  13. scanner and printer

How come those drivers are that out of date, also how old is your printer/scanner
    When you upgraded did you run the disc that came with it,

What it seems like is Cannon have not updated their software nor drivers.
    Try and run if you have not done so, the printer/scanner trouble shooter
    You may find they may have a different driver that will work with your model

I have an HP with Scanner/Printer on Wi-Fi and just today HP has updated the software and driver for it.

hTconeM9user, Dec 15, 2015
  14. lowtech10 Win User
    I also was struggling intermittently with my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 not allowing my Canon MF4150 toolbox to open and perform a scan. Copier worked fine, but I would get same error message described above ("Cannot communicate . . ") when I tried to scan. After several hours with 2 Canon and 2 Windows technicians, the Canon tech solved the problem. If you can print, it means your drivers are fine. I had relaoded the Canon drivers several times--no change. The Windows guys did a restore point thing and identified the issue as in the Windows Image Acquisition file but could not solve it the problem. Here is what worked--hope I have remembered all the steps: In start menu, search for Services. Find "RPC (locater)" file. Make sure it is running--not on manual. "Start" it. Then restart PC. Next, make sure all apps are off and that your Canon MF toolbox is closed. Open task manager (contrl/alt/del). Expand to "see less" so you are seeing everything. Go to "Windows Processes" section. Find "Service Host: Windows Image Acquisition." Don't hit the left arrow to expand it. Just click to highlight it. Then "End task." Check "abandon data." "Shut down." Exit task manager. NOW--set your MF4150 to scan. Put your doc in. Open your MF4150 toolbox on PC. IT WORKS! You don't have to restart the "Service Host: Windows Image Acquisition" program--the act of doing the scan will turn it back on and it will keep running in the background. If the scanner hangs up again, repeat the process of doing an "end task" on that program in the task manager.

lowtech10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

scanner and printer

1. scanner and printer - Similar Threads - scanner printer

2. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  3. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  4. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  5. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  6. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  7. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  8. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  9. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?: Scanner function on my all in one printer scanner is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-scanner-on-the-all-in-one/f668600c-1ea0-452a-966b-ae880d535502
  10. Where is my scanner on the all in one printer/scanner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan setup