Windows 10: Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

Discus and support Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Seems like you are well aware of this issue. It would be super duper great if you could fix this little issue. I saw the prior thread that you closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrianSchneider2, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

Seems like you are well aware of this issue. It would be super duper great if you could fix this little issue. I saw the prior thread that you closed from 2015 without any kind of answer or whatever.

This is a real ham handed approach to something that worked just fine until you started messing with it. But, microsoft just HAD to have an intermediary between the hardware and someone else's software (Oh my!), even if you had no business being there. maybe if your bizdev people didn't spend all their time trying to cock block other software your devs wouldn't have to put out such buggy crap. But then again, put product over profits? What am I thinking?

:)

BrianSchneider2, Mar 15, 2019

2. unable to open videos and how to scan documents from scanner/printer/fax

Hi Marielnzalaco,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• From which media you are trying to play the videos?
    • Is this issue specific only to the downloaded YouTube videos?
    • From which web browser you are trying to download the videos?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you play the videos?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1.

First save the video and then try playing it. Once the file is saved right click on the file and then choose
    open with and select one of the installed video players to open it.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the temporary files and then check.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type %Temp% and click on OK.
    A folder full of files and other folders will appear. Delete all the files inside the temporary folder and then try downloading the video again and check.

Follow the below steps to scan something into your computer:

I suggest you to open the Scan app from the Start menu. If you don't spot the Scan app on the Start menu, click the words All Apps in the Start menu's bottom-left corner. The Start menu lists all of its apps alphabetically.

Click the Scan app, and the Scan app appears on the screen. If it complains that your scanner isn't connected, make sure you've connected the USB cord between your computer and the scanner and that the scanner is turned on.

If your scanner’s plugged in and turned on, the scan app lists your scanner's name, shown here, and the file type used for saving your files.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Scan App - PDF File Sizes Too Large

Hi Teja,

There are several reasons why the scanned file as PDF gets too large. Here are the most common causes:

• Dot Per Inch (DPI) - Most scanners will use 300 DPI for scanning images, which is the minimum DPI for the images that were printed after scanning. However, 72 DPI should be already enough for a PDF that is for screen reading.
    • Saving the document as colored - Use black and white instead of color when scanning images to lessen file size. Make sure that any color settings such as
      Color Depth are also decreased.
    If the suggestions have been tried but the PDF file size is still too large, the next option is to check the PDF software that is performing the conversion itself.

Let us know if you were able to lessen the PDF file sizes using the suggestions above or if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

Windows Fax & Scan

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• What is the file type of the picture you're trying to scan?
    • When you used Windows Fax and Scan app, did you set the original size before scanning the document?
    • Did you install updated driver for your scanner?
    For the meantime, we suggest that you update your device driver for your scanner. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.

2. In the dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit OK.

3. In Device Manager, look for the driver of your scanner, right click on it and select
    Update Driver Software.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

1. Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size. - Similar Threads - Scanner App defaults

2. Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit: I have a resume that has been downloaded for a while and when necessary was able to correct and change when ever I needed. I desperately need to update it and I can't. I have had to scan it scans to my laptop as a PDF. I no longer can scan and save as a doc. Why?...
  3. Reducing Scan Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reducing Scan Size: I trying to reduce the size of a picture to scan in my Brother MFC-440CN. Anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reducing-scan-size/8a103d33-d6f4-4e23-960f-3dd8ea8c3a34
  4. Want to scan documents through Scanner in word

Want to scan documents through Scanner in word: we are unable to scan documents from scanner in office 365. Any solution without inserting macros https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-scan-documents-through-scanner-in-word/b8c4ddbb-2b7e-4c10-95f3-205257ad73a1
  5. App Sizes

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Sizes: Can i change the size of the apps on my home screen but not change the size of the text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-sizes/4b362306-7034-4ec6-83ab-bbcbd9b0338f
  6. Different Default Printer and Scanner

Different Default Printer and Scanner: I have two printers in my office, one which I would like to have be my default printer, and another which I would like to be my default scanner. Is it possible to set one as the default printer and another as a default scanner? It seems quite trivial and obvious to have this...
  7. Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner not detected by Windows Scan: Hello Community, since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly. It scans a few pages and than hangs. I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150....
  8. Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner: I have a Conoscan 9950f scanner and a new Windows 10 64 bit computer. As soon as I powered the scanner up, plug and play took off and installed it. Going to settings>printers and scanners showed that it was installed. Clicking on the scanner icon and hit 'manage' brought up...
  9. Change default font size in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Change default font size in Mail app: I've looked and looked and cannot find a way to change default font and size in the mail app. Is there a way or registry hack or what??? 41961
  10. 'Scan' App Doesn't Find Scanner When I Move Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Scan' App Doesn't Find Scanner When I Move Networks: I shuttle my Win 10 SP4 between two Wi-Fi networks. On one, I have an HP Envy 5540 MFC and on the other an HP OfficeJet 4650 MFC. When I launch Windows' built-in Scan app, it inevitably shows it's trying to communicate with the OTHER HP. I get the little blue swirling dots...