Windows 10: Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

Discus and support Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Seems like you are well aware of this issue. It would be super duper great if you could fix this little issue. I saw the prior thread that you closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrianSchneider2, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

Seems like you are well aware of this issue. It would be super duper great if you could fix this little issue. I saw the prior thread that you closed from 2015 without any kind of answer or whatever.

This is a real ham handed approach to something that worked just fine until you started messing with it. But, microsoft just HAD to have an intermediary between the hardware and someone else's software (Oh my!), even if you had no business being there. maybe if your bizdev people didn't spend all their time trying to cock block other software your devs wouldn't have to put out such buggy crap. But then again, put product over profits? What am I thinking?

:)

BrianSchneider2, Mar 15, 2019

2. unable to open videos and how to scan documents from scanner/printer/fax

Hi Marielnzalaco,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• From which media you are trying to play the videos?
    • Is this issue specific only to the downloaded YouTube videos?
    • From which web browser you are trying to download the videos?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you play the videos?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1.

First save the video and then try playing it. Once the file is saved right click on the file and then choose
    open with and select one of the installed video players to open it.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the temporary files and then check.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type %Temp% and click on OK.
    A folder full of files and other folders will appear. Delete all the files inside the temporary folder and then try downloading the video again and check.

Follow the below steps to scan something into your computer:

I suggest you to open the Scan app from the Start menu. If you don't spot the Scan app on the Start menu, click the words All Apps in the Start menu's bottom-left corner. The Start menu lists all of its apps alphabetically.

Click the Scan app, and the Scan app appears on the screen. If it complains that your scanner isn't connected, make sure you've connected the USB cord between your computer and the scanner and that the scanner is turned on.

If your scanner’s plugged in and turned on, the scan app lists your scanner's name, shown here, and the file type used for saving your files.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Scan App - PDF File Sizes Too Large

Hi Teja,

There are several reasons why the scanned file as PDF gets too large. Here are the most common causes:

• Dot Per Inch (DPI) - Most scanners will use 300 DPI for scanning images, which is the minimum DPI for the images that were printed after scanning. However, 72 DPI should be already enough for a PDF that is for screen reading.
    • Saving the document as colored - Use black and white instead of color when scanning images to lessen file size. Make sure that any color settings such as
      Color Depth are also decreased.
    If the suggestions have been tried but the PDF file size is still too large, the next option is to check the PDF software that is performing the conversion itself.

Let us know if you were able to lessen the PDF file sizes using the suggestions above or if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

Windows Fax & Scan

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• What is the file type of the picture you're trying to scan?
    • When you used Windows Fax and Scan app, did you set the original size before scanning the document?
    • Did you install updated driver for your scanner?
    For the meantime, we suggest that you update your device driver for your scanner. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.

2. In the dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit OK.

3. In Device Manager, look for the driver of your scanner, right click on it and select
    Update Driver Software.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size.

1. Scanner App defaults to scanning in at 400% size. - Similar Threads - Scanner App defaults

2. Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner: The Scan App from the Windows store is having issues connecting the my wireless printer and scanner. What makes this very annoying is that it my laptop has no issues recognizing the printer and scanner - all the devices are connected and recognized under the System...
  3. Windows Scan app -- connection to scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Scan app -- connection to scanner: I am using an HP printer, scanner all-in-one machine whichis wirelessly connected to my computer – I can print from the computer with notrouble at all. When I open the Windows Scan app, it asks me to “connect withthe scanner”. As far as I am concerned, it is already...
  4. Scan App - Problem Connecting to Scanner

Scan App - Problem Connecting to Scanner: I have a fully functional Brother all-in-one on my wi-fi network, and WIN 10 can print to it. But the Scan app cannot seem to find it. The Win Fax & Scan app which is awful to use can find it. Have done restarts, etc. Everything is updated....
  5. Epson ES-400 Scanner will not work with Microsoft 10

Epson ES-400 Scanner will not work with Microsoft 10: I've spent 3 days in a row on the phone with Epson's tech support. They insist it's a Microsoft issue. Error codes include: E1460-B305 E583-B318 E425-B202 E1460-B304 I have uninstalled McAfee per Epson. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, rebooted, etc. When the...
  6. scan app can''t see my scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scan app can''t see my scanner: I've got a Canon MFC 720 all-in-one with a scan function, and according to the install disk, I have the scan app installed. But when I try to use the MS tools Scan function, it tells me I need to install a scanner. How do I make the app aware of the scanner? [Moved from the...
  7. Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner"

Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner": I'm having trouble scanning. When I install my printer/scanner the scanner app sees the scanner for a day or 2 and then has issues connecting to it I have already uninstalled & reinstalled multiple times Scanner shows up in settings, and shows as "This device is working...
  8. scanner not scanning

scanner not scanning: I have a Epson WF 2850 all in one device, Scanner is not scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning/e7a6e901-a629-4019-a946-8444f2966884
  9. scanner not scanning to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanner not scanning to pc: I have HP LaserJet printer. It prints and did copy orders perfectly. But it is not scanning documents to PC. Before it was scanning. Can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning-to-pc/4ebdcc42-1214-4a0e-a2ff-9fc46fff7d5e
  10. HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn.

HP Scanner Sucks. HP 400 / 425dn.: 18363.720 I have a MfP / HP 400 / 425dn. It has been a GREAT pc of hardware only requiring cleaning and one piece had to be repaired. Can't remember what it was. It was used with w7 as a scanner at time and it worked fine. Now with W10 it sucks. In order to get even a...