Windows 10: scanner app now missing file option pdf

Discus and support scanner app now missing file option pdf in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; previously when scanning, you would be able; I have used the scan app previously and when you scanned items, you always had a choice of format to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReginaHarman, Sep 15, 2020.

1. scanner app now missing file option pdf

previously when scanning, you would be able;

I have used the scan app previously and when you scanned items, you always had a choice of format to scan it to such as jpg, pdf, png, etc. now the pdf option is gone. I need the pdf option. Is there another app or option because I need to be able to scan items into a pdf file whether single page or multiple pages into one file. How can I get this accomplished?

:)

ReginaHarman, Sep 15, 2020

2. Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Sep 15, 2020
  3. can't remove a pdf from my win10 desktop

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Turn off Preview pane in Windows Explorer

1. Open File Explorer, Click on View tab.
    2. Click on Preview option to hide or close
    3. Click on Desktop from the Navigation pane. Then try deleting the file.

Step 2: Check the default PDF application

1. Press Windows + I key to launch Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select Default apps from the left pane.
    3. Now scroll down and click on Choose default apps by file type.
    4. Scroll and look for .pdf, .pdxml, and .pdx file type, then click on the + sign to change it to Edge.
    5. Then close Settings and try deleting the file.

Step 3: If the default app for PDF is Adobe Reader.

1. Open Adobe Reader. Go to Edit.
    2. Choose Preferences.
    3. From the Categories on the left, select Security (Enhanced).
    4. Uncheck the Enable Enhanced Security option.
    5. Try deleting the file

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Anna Bon Win User

scanner app now missing file option pdf

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

scanner app now missing file option pdf

1. scanner app now missing file option pdf - Similar Threads - scanner app missing

2. PDF not an option on windows 10 scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF not an option on windows 10 scanner: My printer is a Lexmark MX317dnOn my Mac, the software was Lexmark and I could print and scan no problem. Now I am using Windows, I am forced to use a Windows application thata does not allow me to double side scan through my feederb does not let me scan to PDF. If I choose...
  3. PDF not an option on windows 10 scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF not an option on windows 10 scanner: My printer is a Lexmark MX317dnOn my Mac, the software was Lexmark and I could print and scan no problem. Now I am using Windows, I am forced to use a Windows application thata does not allow me to double side scan through my feederb does not let me scan to PDF. If I choose...
  4. PDF not an option on windows 10 scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. EZ PDF Document Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EZ PDF Document Scanner: I downloaded the EZ PDF Document Scanner from Microsoft to use with my Xerox Documate 3220 scanner. The software works fine until I try to scan a legal size document, it ends up cropping it. I did change the size option in the software to "legal" and it still crops the...
  6. Cannot print to PDF - option missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot print to PDF - option missing: Unable to print to PDF, no Print to PDF option exists. I only have the One Note 10 and my actual printer. What can I do? -Windows 10 feature is already installed (https://imgur.com/P7fK9I7) -Microsoft Print to PDF is missing from printer drivers (https://imgur.com/ADrTevL)...
  7. Missing PDF Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing PDF Files: I just completed a routine Windows 10 update and now all of my PDF files are missing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-pdf-files/b00e0afe-3b2d-4856-b1a4-2edd7594f4c2
  8. PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option

in Browsers and Email
    PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option: I'm using Google Chrome in Windows 10. issue: I used to be able to go into my bank site and click on a statement pdf file under view statements and it would open the statement to view and then I could print it, save it or close it. Now when I click on a statement pdf file in...
  9. PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option: I'm using Google Chrome in Windows 10. issue: I used to be able to go into my bank site and click on a statement pdf file under view statements and it would open the statement to view and then I could print it, save it or close it. Now when I click on a statement pdf file in...
  10. Is there an app for missing Sleep option?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there an app for missing Sleep option?: I have had a Win10 tablet and laptop for a while and found solutions to a few things I wanted to do on them on Tenforums (thanks). Right now I am setting up 2 Win10 desktops to replace the venerable XP machines I've been using forever. I just spent most of a day trying to...