Windows 10: Scanner compatible with Windows 11?

Discus and support Scanner compatible with Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a V39 Epson scanner and when I try to download the software on my Windows 11 S Mode it will not take. I then downloaded the MSN App Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jan_106 and, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Scanner compatible with Windows 11?

I have a V39 Epson scanner and when I try to download the software on my Windows 11 S Mode it will not take. I then downloaded the MSN App Windows Scan, but a pop up told me it wouldn't work because of S Mode. If I take myself off of S Mode will the Windows 11 accept this scanner software. I am finding conflicting answers out there. Thanks!

:)

Jan_106 and, Aug 9, 2022

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Compatibility

I answered my own question by scanning further down the list where a limited number of processors are listed under Windows 11. The lists specify ALL Windows OS compatible processors by OS version, not just Windows 11, while I assumed the list was of the processors compatible with Win 11. Again, the processors are listed for all OS versions and there are only a few processors listed for Windows 11.

Tom Wetmore, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Scanner compatible with Windows 11?

Scanner won't run on Windows 11

Here is what worked for me.

Step 1. Uninstall all Epson software by using the Control Panel Programs and Features uninstall process.

Step 2. Download ALL Epson files related to my scanner from the official Epson Perfection support page. Here is the link.

Perfection Series | Scanners | Epson® Official Support

I selected my scanner model from the list, which took me to the scanner’s support page.

From the dropdown list I selected Windows 11 as my operating system – even though the web form “detected” Windows 10 64 bit. Make sure to hit the “GO” button to reveal the list of downloadable files.

Step 3. There were seven files displayed under the “Utilities” section. I downloaded all of them into a file folder on my hard drive – noting the date of each file.

Step 4. Rename to add numbers to all files according to their associated date, starting with the oldest first. My renamed files looked like this:

1_epson16827.exe – Epson Copy Utility v4.1.1+

2_EPS_1.00.10.exe – Easy Photo Scan v1.00.10+

3_V550_EScan_3923_AM.exe – Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.9.2.3+

4_ESCU_1.0.0.0.exe – Common Updater for Epson Scan v1.0.0.0+

5_EEM_31153.exe – Epson Event Manager v3.11.53+

6_ESCU_W11.exe – Epson Scan Common Updater v1.0.0+

7_ESU_4.6.3.exe – Epson Software Updater v4.6.3

Step 5. Install all seven files sequentially, starting with 1_epson16827.exe and working methodically up to 7_ESU_4.6.3.exe

Step 6. Turn on scanner. Reboot.

Everyday operation (after performing this reinstall)

Step 1. Turn on scanner and then boot. Make sure scanner is powered on before boot.

If Windows is running but the scanner was not turned on before boot -- and if the scanner is not responsive do the following:

Step 1. Turn on scanner.

Step 2. In Windows 11, run services.msc. Find the “Windows Image Acquisition” service. Restart that service. Agree to restart Epson scanning service.

Step 3. Run Epson Scan. This should initialize all necessary electronic connections. Might need to run once, close, and run a second time.

Anyways, this is what is working for me… today. I hope it works for me tomorrow as well.

trilobite53, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Scanner compatible with Windows 11?

1. Scanner compatible with Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Scanner compatible

2. windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lenovo-ideapad-cannot-find-fingerprint/2fd99598-3bc1-4f5a-86d5-461f42e1e961
  3. windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lenovo-ideapad-cannot-find-fingerprint/2fd99598-3bc1-4f5a-86d5-461f42e1e961
  4. "we cant find a scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I have never got this...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "we cant find a scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I have never got this...: we cant find a scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-find-a-scanner-compatible-with-windows/9534f6dc-9690-45d8-96c9-02da0c37a3f3
  5. "we cant find a scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I have never got this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "we cant find a scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I have never got this...: we cant find a scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-find-a-scanner-compatible-with-windows/9534f6dc-9690-45d8-96c9-02da0c37a3f3
  6. "we cant find a scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". I have never got this...

7. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  8. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  9. fingerprint scanner not not compatible. samsung galaxy book

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint scanner not not compatible. samsung galaxy book: please help me fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-not-compatible-samsung/118a3d3e-6537-4968-82db-5f569fb15c21
  10. fingerprint scanner not not compatible. samsung galaxy book

fingerprint scanner not not compatible. samsung galaxy book: please help me fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-not-compatible-samsung/118a3d3e-6537-4968-82db-5f569fb15c21