Windows 10: Scanner detection by computer

Discus and support Scanner detection by computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My scanner cannot be found by the computer, but the computer is hooked up to a network as the printer works. Are there separate configurations or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PurpleIrisMAC, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Scanner detection by computer

My scanner cannot be found by the computer, but the computer is hooked up to a network as the printer works. Are there separate configurations or setups for printers and scanners from the same device?

:)

PurpleIrisMAC, Oct 11, 2019

2. No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, Oct 11, 2019
  3. scanner doesn't find my computer with error message "no scanner is connected".

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in scanner settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps. Also try to run the printer troubleshooter, it will troubleshoot on scanner related issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Also I recommend you to refer to the user manual for printer device and try to check if there is any change in scanner settings.

I suggest you to check if scanner is detected through below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "View scanners and Cameras" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if scanner is getting detected in it or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Scanner detection by computer

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Scanner detection by computer

1. Scanner detection by computer - Similar Threads - Scanner detection computer

2. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop detects scanner but not printer: I have an old Canon MP250 multifunction printer/scanner. I haven't used it in ages.... I wanted to scan something so I plugged it in and connected it up to my laptop running Windows 10 via USB, and had no issues - I used Windows Fax/Scan to scan a document. But when I wanted...
  3. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop detects scanner but not printer: I have an old Canon MP250 multifunction printer/scanner. I haven't used it in ages.... I wanted to scan something so I plugged it in and connected it up to my laptop running Windows 10 via USB, and had no issues - I used Windows Fax/Scan to scan a document. But when I wanted...
  4. Laptop detects scanner but not printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Canon scanner not detected

Canon scanner not detected: I have downloaded Canon IJ utilities driver for my Canon MG2950 scanner/printer from the Canon website. It failed to download by usb cable- many times ... but when by wifi it was successful. All items of the IJ utilities download are visible on my computer but although the...
  6. scanner to compute

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanner to compute: How to move a photo from a scanner to my Inspiron 5593 as a background. Your help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-to-compute/ed1fd5c7-0472-4185-8a47-77d025a2bf80
  7. Windows not detecting network scanner

Windows not detecting network scanner: Quick rundown of the environment Bizhub C224 on network, installed software from the manufacturer Devices are Windows 10 Pro Using the Windows Scan and Fax, so far only one device is saying that there is no scanner detected. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software...
  8. USB Scanner not detected.

USB Scanner not detected.: Dell tower with Windows 10 does not recognize the USB connected Epson ES-500W scanner. An iMac when USB connected recognizes it instantly. ???? Almost two days of downloading apps and drivers and multiple re-installs, disabling USB power shutdown, etc. were not help....
  9. "no scanners were detected"

"no scanners were detected": After installing the latest (10/18) windows 10 update I get a no scanners detected message when trying to scan docs. Printer works fine to print, but I can't get computer to recognize it as a scanner. Scanning worked before update, but not now. I guess I will be told to...
  10. Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner not detected by Windows Scan: Hello Community, since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly. It scans a few pages and than hangs. I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150....