Windows 10: Scanner function

Discus and support Scanner function in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My printer is working but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-function/99c99389-4eb2-4302-8fbb-4aecdc209db6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrahamWalker7, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Scanner function

My printer is working but not the scanner

:)

GrahamWalker7, Aug 5, 2019

2. Windiows 10 scanner function problems

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that the scanner is not working.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated drivers after installing the update, try the below and check if it helps.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What error message does it shows when you try to use Scanner?
    • Are you able to discover and view Scanner through PC?
    I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if issue is resolved.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

Please try to un-install and install latest display driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Uninstall,
    Download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Aug 5, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Scanner function

bobkn, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Scanner function

1. Scanner function - Similar Threads - Scanner function

2. HP Probook 450 G7 auto update killed fingerprint scanner function and no idea what the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Probook 450 G7 auto update killed fingerprint scanner function and no idea what the...: Tried F4, F4, F8, F11 on restart - no access to safe modeNot sure if Windows 10 or 11! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-probook-450-g7-auto-update-killed-fingerprint/3b1484e7-41cd-4b20-8d09-1f285c2c9b4d
  3. HP Probook 450 G7 auto update killed fingerprint scanner function and no idea what the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Probook 450 G7 auto update killed fingerprint scanner function and no idea what the...: Tried F4, F4, F8, F11 on restart - no access to safe modeNot sure if Windows 10 or 11! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-probook-450-g7-auto-update-killed-fingerprint/3b1484e7-41cd-4b20-8d09-1f285c2c9b4d
  4. HP Probook 450 G7 auto update killed fingerprint scanner function and no idea what the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KB5025221 breaks brother multi-function printer's document scanner.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5025221 breaks brother multi-function printer's document scanner.: KB5025221 seems to interfere with brother's DCP-L2540DW printer's document scanner functionality. This was confirmed when the functionality was restored after uninstalling KB5025221. I'm pretty sure scanners and copiers are something that is still used in some office...
  6. Scanner function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner function: I have a HP Deskjet 2131 printer/scanner/copier and recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 11. Now my scanner function will not work - I get a message saying it is not available. I have tried updating drivers with no results. Any solutions out there?...
  7. Scanner function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner function: I have a HP Deskjet 2131 printer/scanner/copier and recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 11. Now my scanner function will not work - I get a message saying it is not available. I have tried updating drivers with no results. Any solutions out there?...
  8. Scanner function in all in one printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner function in all in one printer: Cannot scan - printer cannot find cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-function-in-all-in-one-printer/f0eed41e-470a-4587-bbfd-d094e8828af9
  9. HP 8620 Printer/Scanner/Fax won't function after 2020-03 Cumulative Updat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP 8620 Printer/Scanner/Fax won't function after 2020-03 Cumulative Updat: After the 2020-03 Cumulative Update my computers cannot find WiFi my printer. I tried to reinstall the software, but can't because I get the message the computer cannot communicate with the printer. How do I fix this? I have used the HP trouble shooter and Print and Scan...
  10. I can not access the scanner on my Brother multi function printer, MFC-9325CW.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not access the scanner on my Brother multi function printer, MFC-9325CW.: Since the recent update I can not access the scanner on my Brother multi function printer, MFC-9325CW. With the previous version I could go on to "cameras and scanners", add a device, and identify the network address to unlock the scanner. There is no "cameras and scanners"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can you check to see if a scanner is inoperable