Windows 10: Scanner function

Discus and support Scanner function in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My printer is working but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-function/99c99389-4eb2-4302-8fbb-4aecdc209db6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrahamWalker7, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Scanner function

My printer is working but not the scanner

:)

GrahamWalker7, Aug 5, 2019

2. Windiows 10 scanner function problems

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that the scanner is not working.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated drivers after installing the update, try the below and check if it helps.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What error message does it shows when you try to use Scanner?
    • Are you able to discover and view Scanner through PC?
    I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if issue is resolved.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

Please try to un-install and install latest display driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Uninstall,
    Download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Aug 5, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Scanner function

bobkn, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Scanner function

1. Scanner function - Similar Threads - Scanner function

2. scanner on printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanner on printer: i was trying to get scanner to work i must done something wrong now i can't opens files apps or control panel please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-on-printer/7d5daf34-7be4-4d15-b758-1b75ca5f86d0
  3. Scanner Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner Drivers: I have down loaded a scanner driver for my Neat scanner. It shows up in the Apps but I cannot get it to install. I am Using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-drivers/361a6d02-2585-42d1-a9df-6dfb5e1a0a1a
  4. Lenova 710 -15 lKB fingerprint scanner

Lenova 710 -15 lKB fingerprint scanner: I used my fingerprint scanner since I bought my Lenova 710-15lKB I updated yesterday and it is Microsoft is telling me that Windows can't find a fingerprint scanner. I can't click on "add another" or "Remove" are greyed out so that is not an option. How do I bring that back?...
  5. MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok.

MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok.: Unable to scan, printer says waiting for computer, scan to not working and start scan not working. test of device is functioning per computer. Error message says scanner is not installed as part of version with update. My printer is hp laser jet 3030 (3015/3020/3030). I...
  6. Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner suddenly nonfunctional: After rebooting this morning my lockscreen no longer has a fingerprint option. In fact, the biometrics seem to be gone completely - neither Hello Face nor fingerprint options are present in Sign-in Options, just the blurbs that no Hello-compatible devices, camera or...
  7. How can you get Windows 10 to recognize the scanner part of a multi function printer MFP?

How can you get Windows 10 to recognize the scanner part of a multi function printer MFP?: I have a Canon PIXMA MX892 all-in-one device. The device is connected via wifi. I have the latest driver installed and can print fine. However, windows does not recognize the fact that I have a scanner connected. The help pages for these settings in Windows are garbage -...
  8. July 2019 update has rendered my scanner function inoperable - invisible

July 2019 update has rendered my scanner function inoperable - invisible: This update has rendered my scanner to PC function on my all-in-one Canon MX330 completely inoperable - it asks for a WIA driver that is no longer supplied by canon. THis is an expensive problem, i cannot afford a new printer and MY BUSINESS RELIES ON MY SCANNING IMAGES....
  9. Panasonic scanner not working after Windows update (Panasonic multi-function KX-MB781)

Panasonic scanner not working after Windows update (Panasonic multi-function KX-MB781): After the recent June 2019 Microsoft Windows update, I can no longer scan using my Panasonic scanner. I am still able to print to it. I have tried Device Manager and see the Panasonic multi-function KX-MB781 under "other devices". I tried to update the driver, but...
  10. Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output.

Canon printer (usb) has scanner function but cannot access output.: Printer on device list - scanner is not. Settings advice, or do I need a tech? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-usb-has-scanner-function-but-cannot/aa8594dc-a565-4f51-8312-4dd7e42572d0