Windows 10: scanner icon missing

Discus and support scanner icon missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After buying a new computer and upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10, my scanner icon is missing from my desktop and I can't scan now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarolynNicholson, Aug 19, 2019.

1. scanner icon missing

After buying a new computer and upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10, my scanner icon is missing from my desktop and I can't scan now. Printer is : Brother MFC-9120CN.

:)

CarolynNicholson, Aug 19, 2019

2. Missing Scanner icon after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Are you missing only this Scanner icon?
    • What is the make and model of your scanner?
    • Have you checked if the Scanner is installed on your computer?

I suggest you to restart the computer and the scanner device check if the icon is restored.

If the issue persist, please post us back with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Missing Scanner icon after Windows 10 upgrade

Scanner model Brother MFW408w

M.J.Giammaria, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

scanner icon missing

How to restore scanner icon on Windows 10

Hi Jim,

Corrupted user profile is one of the reasons why the scanner icon is missing on your desktop. By default, the Windows Start button is found at the bottom left part of the desktop screen. In Windows 10, the Windows icon represents the start button. To assist
    you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are all of the icons on your desktop removed?
    • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the software that comes with your scanner?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

scanner icon missing

1. scanner icon missing - Similar Threads - scanner icon missing

2. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  3. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  4. missing icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing icons: So I'm sharing a computer with someone and I created a profile to login to my stuff and have my own desktop and ever since I created the profile, on the new profile aka mine every icon is missing, and it's only text, and there is nothing on the navigation panel, I don't know...
  5. Scanner icon is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner icon is missing: I cannot locate the scanner icon at the bottom of the screen after reinstalling the hard drive. Unable to scan documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-icon-is-missing/e122a81f-b891-4e4b-acbe-5f9fafdd8922
  6. scanner icon

scanner icon: my scanner icon is gone from my laptop desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-icon/85b66fdc-5044-40c1-b25f-88d15628eb05
  7. Wireless Scanner missing if Printer/scanner is not switched on at Windows startup

Wireless Scanner missing if Printer/scanner is not switched on at Windows startup: I am on Widows 10 latest update. I have a Canon 5700 wireless printer/scanner. If the printer/scanner is not switched on at Windows startup time - it seems to not activate the scanner. This device is set as my default printer and the printing function works even if the...
  8. Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing.: I lost all my shortcuts and the whole right side of this screenshot. I did it by unpinning Firefox. Then everything disappeared. How can I get them back? Don Cole Before: [img] After: [img] 144889
  9. icon for brothers printer and scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon for brothers printer and scanner: I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-brothers-printer-and-scanner/6a922a25-07f4-4e47-9e18-dc8741020eb6
  10. Missing Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icon: I have a program called IDE.exe. It uses the drawing board icon. [img] It creates a project file with the extension .prj. The project uses the hammer icon. [img] IDE.exe is there with the proper icon. [img] But the .prj file shows white square (no icon)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scanner icon missing windows 10