Windows 10: Scanner is connected but isnt connect when opening the app

Discus and support Scanner is connected but isnt connect when opening the app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've connect my Scanner to the computer and have checked that everything is working but when I open the scan app is says that there is no scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GordonMaurice, May 11, 2020.

1. Scanner is connected but isnt connect when opening the app

I've connect my Scanner to the computer and have checked that everything is working but when I open the scan app is says that there is no scanner connected. I've also removed the scanner and reconnected with it still not working. The scanner was working in the past and I have used it to scan documents to the computer but it just stopped working. What can I do to fix this?

:)

GordonMaurice, May 11, 2020

2. unable to open videos and how to scan documents from scanner/printer/fax

Hi Marielnzalaco,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• From which media you are trying to play the videos?
    • Is this issue specific only to the downloaded YouTube videos?
    • From which web browser you are trying to download the videos?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you play the videos?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1.

First save the video and then try playing it. Once the file is saved right click on the file and then choose
    open with and select one of the installed video players to open it.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the temporary files and then check.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type %Temp% and click on OK.
    A folder full of files and other folders will appear. Delete all the files inside the temporary folder and then try downloading the video again and check.

Follow the below steps to scan something into your computer:

I suggest you to open the Scan app from the Start menu. If you don't spot the Scan app on the Start menu, click the words All Apps in the Start menu's bottom-left corner. The Start menu lists all of its apps alphabetically.

Click the Scan app, and the Scan app appears on the screen. If it complains that your scanner isn't connected, make sure you've connected the USB cord between your computer and the scanner and that the scanner is turned on.

If your scanner’s plugged in and turned on, the scan app lists your scanner's name, shown here, and the file type used for saving your files.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 11, 2020
  3. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, May 11, 2020
  4. Scanner is connected but isnt connect when opening the app

Connecting a scanner

I have a Lenova on Windows 10. I have wirelessly connected an HP photosmart 2500 printer/scanner. The printer works.

I have downloaded the Windows Scanner App.

Settings shows that both printer and scanner are connected but when you try to scan it says that a scanner is not connected.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the scanner app and the printer download does not solve the problem.

Any clues

neillbarker, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Scanner is connected but isnt connect when opening the app

1. Scanner is connected but isnt connect when opening the app - Similar Threads - Scanner connected isnt

2. Scanner connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner connection: The connection between my computer using XP, then Windows 7, now Windows 10 and my ScanSnap S1500 scanner usually dies after I shut down then restart my computer -- two desktops, and now a laptop. I have to uninstall the scanner software, then download it again to...
  3. Scanner connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner connectivity: I have an HP printer, HP Photosmart 7520. This is a combined printer, scanner, fax. I have a new HP laptop. The printere is connected to this by wifi, and i have printed with it. However, the laptop will not recognise the scanner nor will the scanner recognise the laptop....
  4. Connecting to Scanner

Connecting to Scanner: Although my computer LenovaA799867/Windows10 successfully prints to the printer Canon MF641Cw it does not connect to the printer to scan although the facility is "on". When I try, the printer screen says that it cannot connect to the computer. Can you help me to turn on the...
  5. Scanner Connection

Scanner Connection: My scanner was working fine, now when I go to scan something my computer tells me there is no scanner connected, even though I've tried several times to reconnect my scanner...
  6. Connecting to Scanner

Connecting to Scanner: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and have used a HP printer/scanner with my last laptop, which was an Apple. I could choose printer or scanner with the Apple laptop but now I cannot choose scanner. Need help but have not been able to locate....
  7. Scanner connection

Scanner connection: I have a Dell Vostro laptop running Windows 10 and a Brother MFC-L2700D printer/scanner. The wired connection between the two recently became disabled, but I have updated my USB port drivers and am now able to print. According to the LED readout on the printer, I'm able to...
  8. connecting scanner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    connecting scanner: hello, I am having trouble connecting my scanner to the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-scanner/a270350b-cffd-484a-8cc3-5d6d935ca7e7
  9. Scanner not connecting.

Scanner not connecting.: I have an HP 3520. I am trying to scan a document to my PC, but I get a code 45 saying that my printer is not connected to my computer. It is connected and this printer is the default printer. The print function works fine. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?...
  10. Connecting a Scanner

Connecting a Scanner: I have an Epsom RX560 (Printer/Scanner/Copier) When Connected to Windows 10, it recognised the Printer straight away. No need for the Install disk, it was up and running in just a couple of minutes and even without the install disk the results are picture perfect....