Windows 10: Scanner isn’t working

Discus and support Scanner isn’t working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to scan papers using my Brother DCP-145C printer. I tried to install software for Brother printers compatible with Windows 10, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonPhillips1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Scanner isn’t working

I am unable to scan papers using my Brother DCP-145C printer. I tried to install software for Brother printers compatible with Windows 10, but the install program informs me the USB cable is not plugged in but it IS plugged in. Any help is really appreciated because I need this scanner urgently!

:)

JonPhillips1, Dec 3, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 3, 2018
  4. ARichard Win User

Scanner isn’t working

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Scanner isn’t working [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! Scanner isn’t working :)

ARichard, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Scanner isn’t working

1. Scanner isn’t working - Similar Threads - Scanner isn’t working

2. Bluetooth isn’t working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth isn’t working.: Hi, so my pc just suddenly turned off Bluetooth and I can’t turn it back on. Ive tried updating the drivers, then I uninstalled them, and other things but I don’t know what to do. At this point I feel like factory resetting my pc just to try to fix it. Any suggestions could...
  3. Bluetooth isn’t working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth isn’t working.: Hi, so my pc just suddenly turned off Bluetooth and I can’t turn it back on. Ive tried updating the drivers, then I uninstalled them, and other things but I don’t know what to do. At this point I feel like factory resetting my pc just to try to fix it. Any suggestions could...
  4. Bluetooth isn’t working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ethernet isn’t working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet isn’t working: Trouble shooting says “‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” anyone know how to fix this... happened out of nowhere. submitted by /u/keaton-s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k41pq4/ethernet_isnt_working/
  6. Mic isn’t working

Mic isn’t working: I am using a Bluetooth headset. I can hear the audio but the mic is not working. I tried to fix the issue and updated the Bluetooth drivers but that didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-isnt-working/1b48c9d9-b389-4746-9d3c-9dc5cca29555
  7. Sound isn’t working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound isn’t working: Sound isn’t working For some reason I can’t get any sound to work whether I have headphones or not. For some reason it does work when I am in audacity, but not in google, or in the windows manage sound devices test, or anything else I have tried. submitted by /u/adkl23...
  8. scanner not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanner not working: My scanner wont let me scan document How do i fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-working/698d09a7-15a4-436a-ba9d-ca1430280a7a
  9. Spacebar isn’t working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spacebar isn’t working: I use Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop and Windows 10. The spacebar key stopped working on my laptop. When I click on it, there is no response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacebar-isnt-working/90516337-6620-4df8-aeb4-776dec6f0ca5
  10. scanner not working

scanner not working: how do I get the scanner to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-working/221d0dea-a10c-447b-aacb-a2916103a60b