Windows 10: Scanner issues after windows update

Discus and support Scanner issues after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 did an automatic updated on Sept 2. My scanner no longer works. I have a Brother MFCL5900DW. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luann Jones-Foster, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Scanner issues after windows update

Windows 10 did an automatic updated on Sept 2. My scanner no longer works. I have a Brother MFCL5900DW. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from Brother's website. I tried unplugging and plugging the scanner in. I have tried restarting several times. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

:)

Luann Jones-Foster, Sep 4, 2019

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Scanner not working after Windows 10 update

We understand that the update is causing an issue on your scanner and for us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?
    • What is the make and model of your printer/scanner driver?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer/scanner driver?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to prevent your Windows 10 from updating:

Step #1: How to temporarily prevent
    a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.
    See the section that says Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now. as well as the information on it.

Step #2:
    Run this diagnostic tool to prevent updates.

Step #3: If you're using Windows 10 Pro you have the ability to Post-pone incoming updates:

Defer upgrades in Windows 10.

Step #4: Restart your computer to apply changes.

Please get back to us with some answer and results.

Xylee Del, Sep 4, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Scanner issues after windows update

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Scanner issues after windows update

1. Scanner issues after windows update - Similar Threads - Scanner issues update

2. Scanner not working after Window update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner not working after Window update: My Scanner is not workingI have Micosoft 365 support helped me to reinstalled it but still not working.Cuurent error message - "Cannot find scanner. Check the power and the cables"I confirm the power is on and the scanner is connected to my...
  3. Scanner not working after Window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not working after Window update: My Scanner is not workingI have Micosoft 365 support helped me to reinstalled it but still not working.Cuurent error message - "Cannot find scanner. Check the power and the cables"I confirm the power is on and the scanner is connected to my...
  4. scanner issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanner issues: I have Windows 10 and an HP printer/scanner. The scanner will not establish a connection. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-issues/ce62e2c8-947c-4cd4-ac4d-da43ed5d9fb2
  5. Scanner issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanner issue: In the last 6 months I bought a new HP Pavilion and in the last 3 months I bought an Epson ET3750 all-in-one printer, which is wireless. I am unable to get my laptop to recognize the scanner feature in my new printer. How do I correct this issue?...
  6. Not Working Scanner after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Working Scanner after windows update: Not Working Scanner after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-working-scanner-after-windows-update/b01dec3e-3629-48b9-9d5b-f774aff57d9f
  7. Scanner issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanner issues: My HP Officejet pro 6110 will print normally but will not scan from the all in one to the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/scanner-issues/a2179425-b875-4f26-b030-71e6a9b55372
  8. Scanner Issues

Scanner Issues: My Scanner (HP All in one printer 3830) won't scan to my computer? States Computer not recognized? Although I can print from my computer on this printer fine. Help?...
  9. Scanner issue with Windows 10 update

Scanner issue with Windows 10 update: Hello, Not sure if I'm in the right place, but I need some help. My computer recently updated itself to Windows 10. I have a Brother MFC-J475DW printer, and the printing function works as usual. However, with the update, the scan function won't work. I had it set up so that...
  10. Scanner issue

Scanner issue: I have a Kodak 5200 all in one printer. The unit prints but won't scan to my laptop. AIO error ... then shuts down. Does anyone know of a fix? 6644