Windows 10: Scanner issues

Discus and support Scanner issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running an HP ENVY 5640 all in one series on a Windows 10 platform. The printer works fine, however the scanner doesn't recognize the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eileen9, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Eileen9 Win User

Scanner issues

I am running an HP ENVY 5640 all in one series on a Windows 10 platform. The printer works fine, however the scanner doesn't recognize the computer

Ideas??

:)

Eileen9, Nov 30, 2018

2. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Scanner issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Scanner issues

1. Scanner issues - Similar Threads - Scanner issues

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue: Good afternoon,I was running the Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.407 full scan and it showed there were 5 infected files when it was scanning but when the scan completed it said, "No infection found". Is this normal behavior of the tool?...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue: Good afternoon,I was running the Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.407 full scan and it showed there were 5 infected files when it was scanning but when the scan completed it said, "No infection found". Is this normal behavior of the tool?...
  4. scanner issue with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scanner issue with windows 11: Just purchased Xerox c235 printer/scanner. Worked good for a couple of days and then scanner quit working. Contacted Xerox and they said that it was caused by windows. Will there be a fix soon, or do I just have a new printer with no scanner? I am running Windows 11.Dave...
  5. scanner issue with windows 11

scanner issue with windows 11: Just purchased Xerox c235 printer/scanner. Worked good for a couple of days and then scanner quit working. Contacted Xerox and they said that it was caused by windows. Will there be a fix soon, or do I just have a new printer with no scanner? I am running Windows 11.Dave...
  6. HP Printer/scanner issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Printer/scanner issues: I have a basic HP 2700 All In One Printer/Scanner. Problem. getting it to print. It likes to give me the run around now and then....again it won't print. I've run the course with trouble shooting. uninstalled/reinstalled. It's stating its on metered/offline...thats new. It...
  7. HP Printer/scanner issues

HP Printer/scanner issues: I have a basic HP 2700 All In One Printer/Scanner. Problem. getting it to print. It likes to give me the run around now and then....again it won't print. I've run the course with trouble shooting. uninstalled/reinstalled. It's stating its on metered/offline...thats new. It...
  8. HP Printer/scanner issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...: After a recent reset of my two-year-old Dell Inspiron 15 5515 updated to Windows 11 Home, where I cleaned the drive to start fresh no backups, Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works, where after the initial touch, I get the error message: I've tried searching on Google for...
  10. Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...: After a recent reset of my two-year-old Dell Inspiron 15 5515 updated to Windows 11 Home, where I cleaned the drive to start fresh no backups, Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works, where after the initial touch, I get the error message: I've tried searching on Google for...