Windows 10: Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit

Discus and support Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a resume that has been downloaded for a while and when necessary was able to correct and change when ever I needed. I desperately need to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by skdsweet86, May 8, 2019.

1. Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit

I have a resume that has been downloaded for a while and when necessary was able to correct and change when ever I needed. I desperately need to update it and I can't. I have had to scan it scans to my laptop as a PDF. I no longer can scan and save as a doc. Why?

:)

skdsweet86, May 8, 2019

2. How To Edit A Scanned Document

Technically, scanned documents are not editable. However, if you use the Scanner application supplied by the Manufacturer, you should be able to Scan the document in a different format that allows easy editing.

For example. Canon Scanning app allows me to save as PDF which can be edited online easily. JPEGs are tough to edit.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 8, 2019
  3. Want to scan documents through Scanner in word

Hello Vishwavani,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you able to use scanning for other documents?
    2. What is the make and model number of your scanner?
    3. Is it wired scanner or wireless scanner?
    4. Do you see any error message when you’re trying to scan?

We can try and perform few steps and see if it helps.

Step 1: Let’s check the responsible services to run scanner in the background.

1. Go to Search, type Services.msc, and go to Services.
    2. Find Shell Hardware Detection service, right click on it, and go to Properties.
    3. Make sure that Startup type is set to
      Automatic.
    4. Click on Stop, and wait for the process to stop.
    5. Now, click to start once again.
    6. Restart your computer, and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persists, reply to us with screen shot. Refer the suggestion from
    Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene dated October 2nd
    on How to include a screenshot in your post.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 8, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit

How To Edit A Scanned Document

Hi Rocky, most scanners can only scan to an image file format - it depends on the software supplied with your scanner . . .

What you need is OCR support - Optical Character Recognition

Click the link below to download a free utility that will scan your documents to an editable file using OCR

FreeOCR Downloads - Free Optical Character Recognition Software for Windows

DaveM121, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit

1. Scanner No longer able to scan document and edit - Similar Threads - Scanner longer able

2. Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner: The Scan App from the Windows store is having issues connecting the my wireless printer and scanner. What makes this very annoying is that it my laptop has no issues recognizing the printer and scanner - all the devices are connected and recognized under the System...
  3. Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner: The Scan App from the Windows store is having issues connecting the my wireless printer and scanner. What makes this very annoying is that it my laptop has no issues recognizing the printer and scanner - all the devices are connected and recognized under the System...
  4. My scanned documents no longer appear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My scanned documents no longer appear.: I continue to try but cannot find any of the documents I have scanned. I had no problem for years. the message on my computer says- scan is complete- from a Brother printer. Same printer, same computer as before and Windows 10. Please help....
  5. installing a new printer scanner and finding old scanned documents

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing a new printer scanner and finding old scanned documents: I'm installing a new printer scanner and want to make sure my old scanned documents are still where they always were in windows 10 on my laptop, please....
  6. No longer able to edit mp3 metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No longer able to edit mp3 metadata: I checked wav and m4a, I'm still able to edit metadata with those. I haven't had a problem editing mp3's before. With File Explorer, Groove Music, and even navigating to Details under Properties. I can't even give the song a star rating. I checked that they weren't marked...
  7. scanner not scanning

scanner not scanning: I have a Epson WF 2850 all in one device, Scanner is not scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning/e7a6e901-a629-4019-a946-8444f2966884
  8. Editing a scanned PDF document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing a scanned PDF document: I own a Microsoft Surface with the latest windows update (1903 I think). I used to be able to open a scanned document in Paint and edit it (this was primarily erasing unwanted content). I scanned a document today, and can find no way to edit it. Is there something I can...
  9. Want to scan documents through Scanner in word

Want to scan documents through Scanner in word: we are unable to scan documents from scanner in office 365. Any solution without inserting macros https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-scan-documents-through-scanner-in-word/b8c4ddbb-2b7e-4c10-95f3-205257ad73a1
  10. HOW can I edit the scanned document

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW can I edit the scanned document: using Windows 10 when scanning a document to computer HOW can I edit that document is there certain settings prior to scan? after scanned? HELP...