Windows 10: Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine

Discus and support Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I went to scan a document I signed and the HP Officejet printer did not recognize the computer. It had just printed said document sans signature from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FredHammondWW, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine

I went to scan a document I signed and the HP Officejet printer did not recognize the computer. It had just printed said document sans signature from said computer.

I then tried to initiate scan from the computer to the printer. It was unable to recognize the scanner. Even though when I went to devices, there the printer/scanner is listed as ready to print/scan. I am at a loss.

Thankyou in advance for any suggestions.

Fred

:)

FredHammondWW, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Scanner not being recognized by PC  after working fine [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Jan 4, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Jan 4, 2019
  4. mountain Win User

Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine

HP LaserJet 3050 Scanner Not Recognized (Printing works)

I just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now I cannot scan on my HP LaserJet 3050. The 3050 is recognized as a printer and I can print fine, but it is not recognized as a scanner. I have tried Windows Fax and Scan to no avail. I have the original install disk, but it will not install as I get a "Run as" error. I have tried running as administrator and even activated the default administrator account to no avail. I still get the "Run as" error on the default administrator account. I tried downloading various drivers from HP, but nothing worked. Any suggestions?

mountain, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine

1. Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine - Similar Threads - Scanner being recognized

2. PIXMA MX410 Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIXMA MX410 Scanner not recognized by pc: Tianxiang IA Hello, I appreciate very much your information, but unfortunately, the downloading stops right there there is no option to go any further. No arrow to continue, it seems like a dead page. Is there anything better, I suspect that the driver may have been...
  3. PIXMA MX410 Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIXMA MX410 Scanner not recognized by pc: Tianxiang IA Hello, I appreciate very much your information, but unfortunately, the downloading stops right there there is no option to go any further. No arrow to continue, it seems like a dead page. Is there anything better, I suspect that the driver may have been...
  4. PIXMA MX410 Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  6. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  7. Scanner not recognized by pc

8. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  9. Scanner Not recognized

Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  10. Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic.: I recently got a headset splitter for my headset (the steelseries arctis 9x Xbox edition) because my mic on the headset wasn't working. Windows detects the mic as "Line in." So, I got it, and it worked for a little while, picked up audio from my headset and stuff, and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer not recognising HP3050 scanner

2. epson 7710 scan not showing

3. computer is not recognizing my epson scanner

4. scanner firmware not recognised by epson computer