Windows 10: Scanner not connected to computer

Discus and support Scanner not connected to computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer is an all in one with scan, copy, photo and print. The printer is connecter to the computer via wi-fi. The scanner is not connected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BettiePulley, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Scanner not connected to computer

My printer is an all in one with scan, copy, photo and print. The printer is connecter to the computer via wi-fi. The scanner is not connected.

:)

BettiePulley, Jan 23, 2021

2. scanner doesn't find my computer with error message "no scanner is connected".

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in scanner settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps. Also try to run the printer troubleshooter, it will troubleshoot on scanner related issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Also I recommend you to refer to the user manual for printer device and try to check if there is any change in scanner settings.

I suggest you to check if scanner is detected through below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "View scanners and Cameras" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if scanner is getting detected in it or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Scanner not connected to computer

Computer/Scanner Communication

I have a HP laptop running Windows 10 and an Epson WF-2630 Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanner. I am able to print but unable to scan documents. I keep getting a message that there is no scanner connected to the computer. I have downloaded every update I could
    find for the laptop, Windows 10 and the printer. While the scanner is now listed under printer and devices in my settings menu (it didn't initially) the computer still isn't communicating with the scan function of my printer. Any suggestions on what to do
    would be greatly appreciated.

Angela_987, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Scanner not connected to computer

1. Scanner not connected to computer - Similar Threads - Scanner connected computer

2. Scanner connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner connection: The connection between my computer using XP, then Windows 7, now Windows 10 and my ScanSnap S1500 scanner usually dies after I shut down then restart my computer -- two desktops, and now a laptop. I have to uninstall the scanner software, then download it again to...
  3. Scanner connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner connectivity: I have an HP printer, HP Photosmart 7520. This is a combined printer, scanner, fax. I have a new HP laptop. The printere is connected to this by wifi, and i have printed with it. However, the laptop will not recognise the scanner nor will the scanner recognise the laptop....
  4. Connecting to Scanner

Connecting to Scanner: Although my computer LenovaA799867/Windows10 successfully prints to the printer Canon MF641Cw it does not connect to the printer to scan although the facility is "on". When I try, the printer screen says that it cannot connect to the computer. Can you help me to turn on the...
  5. Scanner Connection

Scanner Connection: My scanner was working fine, now when I go to scan something my computer tells me there is no scanner connected, even though I've tried several times to reconnect my scanner...
  6. Scanner connection

Scanner connection: I have a Dell Vostro laptop running Windows 10 and a Brother MFC-L2700D printer/scanner. The wired connection between the two recently became disabled, but I have updated my USB port drivers and am now able to print. According to the LED readout on the printer, I'm able to...
  7. Connecting my scanner to the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting my scanner to the computer: I need help connecting my scanner to the computer. It currently prints but wont scan to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-scanner-to-the-computer/cffbb557-c4a0-4a0f-9419-877e411ebd76
  8. connecting scanner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    connecting scanner: hello, I am having trouble connecting my scanner to the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-scanner/a270350b-cffd-484a-8cc3-5d6d935ca7e7
  9. Scanner not connecting.

Scanner not connecting.: I have an HP 3520. I am trying to scan a document to my PC, but I get a code 45 saying that my printer is not connected to my computer. It is connected and this printer is the default printer. The print function works fine. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?...
  10. Connecting a Scanner

Connecting a Scanner: I have an Epsom RX560 (Printer/Scanner/Copier) When Connected to Windows 10, it recognised the Printer straight away. No need for the Install disk, it was up and running in just a couple of minutes and even without the install disk the results are picture perfect....