Windows 10: Scanner not detected by Windows 10 yet been used for printing

Discus and support Scanner not detected by Windows 10 yet been used for printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to scan photographs using my Canon MG5350 printer/scanner but Windows 10 brought up a message saying it can't detect a scanner but it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rainbowz7, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Rainbowz7 Win User

Scanner not detected by Windows 10 yet been used for printing

I want to scan photographs using my Canon MG5350 printer/scanner but Windows 10 brought up a message saying it can't detect a scanner but it has printed a document using this printer. I have changed from Vista to Windows 10 and finding 10 a nightmare, I am hopelessly lost with it all, I can't do even the simplest of things anymore :-(

Thank you in advance!

:)

Rainbowz7, Dec 2, 2018

2. No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Mpumaleng Win User

Using Windows 10 with HP LaserJet3050 and Get Error "No scanners were detected"

Question

Applies to

22 views Using Windows 10 with HP LaserJet3050 and Get Error "No scanners were detected"

MI

MichaelV1113 asked on

I have been using my HP LaserJet3050 with Windows 10 for some time now with no performance issues. Suddenly I can't scan. When I try scanning with Windows Fax and Scan I receive an error message that "No scanners were detected". (I'm still able to print,
    copy, and fax with no difficulties - but can not scan)

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the device and printer drivers and also tried some other basic troubleshooting with no success.

One of the boards I read said its an HP issue because HP no longer supports drivers for this printer? (Not sure why that would cause it to suddenly quit working after it was working fine, but anyway....)

Does anyone have a suggested solution for this problem?

Mpumaleng, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Scanner not detected by Windows 10 yet been used for printing - Similar Threads - Scanner detected yet

2. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  3. No scanners were detected error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No scanners were detected error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users have reported that when they were trying to scan files or documents with the Windows Fax and Scan applet on their Windows 10 device, they received the error message No scanners were detected. This post offers the most suitable solutions you can try to...
  4. Scanner not Detected on Windows 10 Virtual MAchine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not Detected on Windows 10 Virtual MAchine: I'm not sure if this is the correct group for this. I have Windows 8.1 and a Windows 10 2004 Hyper-V virtual machine assigned to a single Dell N10D Thin Client. The station uses an HP 3500 f1 flatbed scanner. The Win 8.1 VM sees the scanner fine. But, the Win 10 VM doesn't....
  5. Windows not detecting network scanner

Windows not detecting network scanner: Quick rundown of the environment Bizhub C224 on network, installed software from the manufacturer Devices are Windows 10 Pro Using the Windows Scan and Fax, so far only one device is saying that there is no scanner detected. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software...
  6. Canon Imageclass MF5770 will print, but isn't detected as a scanner

Canon Imageclass MF5770 will print, but isn't detected as a scanner: I am connecting a laptop running Windows 10 to a Canon Imageclass MF5770 mutifunction printer-scanner. I am able to print using USB and Network connection. However, I am unable to scan as my laptop won't detect it as a scanner. I have downloaded the latest drivers from...
  7. Has Windows 10 been downloaded yet?

Has Windows 10 been downloaded yet?: Hello I want to build me a oh together I have there then already Windows 10 on it when I still start or how must I download Windows Ist das Windows 10 schon runter geladen?
  8. Finger Print scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger Print scanner: Hi, I have an HP envy 13 laptop with a touchscreen and my fingerprint scanner doesn't appear to be working. I have had it set up previously but the laptop now makes me use a PIN. I've been into settings to try and set up the scanner again but under windows hello fingerprint...
  9. using scanner in windows 10

using scanner in windows 10: my hwlett packard envoy 4500 with scanner is connected to my new computer with windows 10 and prints fine. How do I get it to scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-scanner-in-windows-10/24b962cd-0db6-4995-8a87-9e7657b62d8d
  10. Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner not detected by Windows Scan: Hello Community, since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly. It scans a few pages and than hangs. I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP a problem with the scanner has been detected

2. NO SCANNER WERE DETECTED windows 10

3. no scanner detected windows 10

4. a problem with the scanner has been detected,
  5. scanner is not detected by windows 10,
  6. no scanners have been detected