Windows 10: Scanner not recognized by Win 10

Discus and support Scanner not recognized by Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a multifunction printer which I have been using for a couple of years. Today I tried to scan a document to file and the scanner program says"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillHeathco, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Scanner not recognized by Win 10

I have a multifunction printer which I have been using for a couple of years. Today I tried to scan a document to file and the scanner program says" "scanner not detected on this device."

[Moved from Office/Unknow/other/Windows 10/Office 365 for business]

:)

BillHeathco, Dec 15, 2018
  2. bobkn Win User

Win 10 does not recognize scanner

I hesitate to suggest this, because it's far from free ($40/$80 for standard/pro), but Vuescan has your scanner on its supported list:

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

bobkn, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Scanner not recognized by Win 10 [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Dec 15, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Scanner not recognized by Win 10

Win 10 does not recognize scanner

This is a very old scanner:
    Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.1, Microsoft Windows 98/ME
    Acer ScanPrisa 640U Specs - CNET

Just wondering if you really have a 64 bit driver for it?

If you only have a 32 bit driver you could use a virtualised 32 bit OS under win 10 and use it that way; other ideas suggested with 'difficult' scanners- a commercial program called Vuescan; you could also try a driver scanner program - DriverMax has found me 2 drivers I couldn't get any other way under Win 10 x64, but won't help if no 64 bit driver actually exists of course.

dalchina, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Scanner not recognized by Win 10

1. Scanner not recognized by Win 10 - Similar Threads - Scanner recognized

2. Scanner connected via USB not recognized by its software despite disabling every firewall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner connected via USB not recognized by its software despite disabling every firewall...: Hi there! I have a client who has a mobile scanner that comes with its own free software. She's using Windows 11. We were finally able to download the software after working around some odd permissions errors. Now, for some reason, the scanner does not register in the...
  3. Scanner connected via USB not recognized by its software despite disabling every firewall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner connected via USB not recognized by its software despite disabling every firewall...: Hi there! I have a client who has a mobile scanner that comes with its own free software. She's using Windows 11. We were finally able to download the software after working around some odd permissions errors. Now, for some reason, the scanner does not register in the...
  4. Canon IR1023N Scanner is not recognized appears in other devices as unknown with E0000228

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon IR1023N Scanner is not recognized appears in other devices as unknown with E0000228: I had troubles with windows and this printer/scanner for many years. Today I installed W10 from scratch in a new CPU and tried to connect via USB this printer. Whit the printer I've no problem but the scanner isn't detected.I used the UFRII v15 driver since is the last driver...
  5. Canon IR1023N Scanner is not recognized appears in other devices as unknown with E0000228

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon IR1023N Scanner is not recognized appears in other devices as unknown with E0000228: I had troubles with windows and this printer/scanner for many years. Today I installed W10 from scratch in a new CPU and tried to connect via USB this printer. Whit the printer I've no problem but the scanner isn't detected.I used the UFRII v15 driver since is the last driver...
  6. Canon IR1023N Scanner is not recognized appears in other devices as unknown with E0000228

7. Windows 11 doesn't recognize Epson WF-3720 scanner, but does recognize the printer

Windows 11 doesn't recognize Epson WF-3720 scanner, but does recognize the printer: I have a new Windows 11 machine. I've installed new software for my USB-connected Epson WF-3720. I can print from that printer, but Windows doesn't recognize the scanning function. It's not the cable, it's not the software, which I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.When...
  8. Windows 11 doesn't recognize Epson WF-3720 scanner, but does recognize the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognize Epson WF-3720 scanner, but does recognize the printer: I have a new Windows 11 machine. I've installed new software for my USB-connected Epson WF-3720. I can print from that printer, but Windows doesn't recognize the scanning function. It's not the cable, it's not the software, which I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.When...
  9. my windows 11 desktop will not recognize my scanner unless it is turned on when the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 desktop will not recognize my scanner unless it is turned on when the...: The scanner must be turned on before the computer boots. Windows 11 does not recognize it otherwise. I have to reboot the computer with the scanner turned on for it to recognize it. The connection is USB. This is definitely a bug....
  10. my windows 11 desktop will not recognize my scanner unless it is turned on when the...

my windows 11 desktop will not recognize my scanner unless it is turned on when the...: The scanner must be turned on before the computer boots. Windows 11 does not recognize it otherwise. I have to reboot the computer with the scanner turned on for it to recognize it. The connection is USB. This is definitely a bug....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my epsom printer does not recognise my computer to scan pdf direct to computer

2. my epson printer/scanner does not recognise my computer

3. scanner not recognized in windows scanner