Windows 10: Scanner not showing up

Discus and support Scanner not showing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP deskjet printer. my computer doesn't recognize the scanner. How do I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EllenRiedel, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Scanner not showing up

I have a HP deskjet printer. my computer doesn't recognize the scanner. How do I fix it?

:)

EllenRiedel, Oct 26, 2018

2. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Oct 26, 2018
  3. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Scanner not showing up

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Scanner not showing up

1. Scanner not showing up - Similar Threads - Scanner showing

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Microsoft Corporation System Type x64-based Default string Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-12900KF, 3200 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24 Logical Processors e UEFI Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Microsoft Corporation System Type x64-based Default string Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-12900KF, 3200 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24 Logical Processors e UEFI Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot...
  4. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  5. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  6. Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners: Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Home Build 22621 Printers&Scanners, this is a printer QuickBooks uses to create PDFs. I've already installed the Optional Features:"XPS Viewer" and rebooted. Is there a missing step or a way to force install of the...
  7. Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners

Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Printers&Scanners: Microsoft XPS Document Writer not showing up in my Win11 Home Build 22621 Printers&Scanners, this is a printer QuickBooks uses to create PDFs. I've already installed the Optional Features:"XPS Viewer" and rebooted. Is there a missing step or a way to force install of the...
  8. Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result: I'm a Windows 11 user. I scanned my computer using Microsoft safety scanner. While the scan is going, it showed the number of infected files as 3 but after finishing the scan, it said that there are no infections and also there's nothing about an infection in the report. Why...
  9. Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result

Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result: I'm a Windows 11 user. I scanned my computer using Microsoft safety scanner. While the scan is going, it showed the number of infected files as 3 but after finishing the scan, it said that there are no infections and also there's nothing about an infection in the report. Why...
  10. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced

Users found this page by searching for:

1. since 1903 in win10 my epson 1660 wont go anymore

2. windows 10 scanner not showing up