Windows 10: Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday my Windows decided the time has come and provided me with some updates. I can't tell what was in that package but they promised more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndreyTerletskiy, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Yesterday my Windows decided the time has come and provided me with some updates. I can't tell what was in that package but they promised more security and protection online. After that my scanner software stopped working - it throws I/O error while connecting to my scanner. I have Samsung SCX-3405 connected with USB. My Windows version is 1803. Re-installing scanner drivers and software didn't help.

:)

AndreyTerletskiy, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Scanner not working after Windows 10 update

We understand that the update is causing an issue on your scanner and for us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?
    • What is the make and model of your printer/scanner driver?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer/scanner driver?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to prevent your Windows 10 from updating:

Step #1: How to temporarily prevent
    a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.
    See the section that says Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now. as well as the information on it.

Step #2:
    Run this diagnostic tool to prevent updates.

Step #3: If you're using Windows 10 Pro you have the ability to Post-pone incoming updates:

Defer upgrades in Windows 10.

Step #4: Restart your computer to apply changes.

Please get back to us with some answer and results.

Xylee Del, Aug 20, 2018
  3. ARichard Win User
    Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

Scanner stopped working in Windows 10

Original title: Window 10 & Kodak 5250 printer/scanner

Running Windows 10, using Kodak 5250 printer/scanner. Printer works fine but scanner says "Kodak AiO Host Director has stopped working" when activated. Have downloaded all newest drivers from Kodak...Looked and tried all suggestions from Community and it
    still won't scan.... Any other ideas????

weasil1974, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

1. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Scanner stopped working

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  5. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  6. Scanner not working after Window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not working after Window update: My Scanner is not workingI have Micosoft 365 support helped me to reinstalled it but still not working.Cuurent error message - "Cannot find scanner. Check the power and the cables"I confirm the power is on and the scanner is connected to my...
  7. Scanner Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi, I have a Canon PIXMA MX850 multi-function printer/scanner, connected via our LAN. Since the update to Win10 2004 this week I can still print but cannot scan. The Canon Network Scan Utility cannot 'see' the scanner, though Windows still recognises it, in Device Manager...
  8. Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update: Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/scanner-will-not-work-after-windows-10-update/5e283c9b-8fbd-4cb1-88c1-8d7ff667b3d1
  9. Not Working Scanner after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Working Scanner after windows update: Not Working Scanner after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-working-scanner-after-windows-update/b01dec3e-3629-48b9-9d5b-f774aff57d9f
  10. LAN scanner stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN scanner stopped working after update: Hello everyone, Lately I've been (sadly) an Windows 10 user which so far gives me nothing but troubles. After the "Customer Update" we've recently experienced, my LAN scanner stopped working. The device I am talkng about is Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e. It is combined...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows scanner

2. scanner not working after update

3. the scanner on my canon ts5160 has stopped working since windows update

4. why has my kodak scanner stopped scanning,
  5. canon scanner stopped working windows 10 1890 upgrade,
  6. canon scant driver stopped working,
  7. kodak scanner i 3450 not working after windows 10 installation,
  8. canon scanner not working after Update,
  9. Epson WF-7620 will not scan after microsoft update,
  10. windows 10 epson wf 7620 can no longer scan after windows update