Windows 10: scanner

Discus and support scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where do I find the scanner in windows 10? The printer works fine but I cannot find the scanner in order to scan documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Min8888, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Min8888 Win User

scanner

Where do I find the scanner in windows 10? The printer works fine but I cannot find the scanner in order to scan documents

:)

Min8888, Sep 15, 2020

2. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 15, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Sep 15, 2020
  4. scanner

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

scanner

1. scanner - Similar Threads - scanner

2. Accidentally uninstalled SCSI Scanner Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally uninstalled SCSI Scanner Device: I accidentally uninstalled the SCSI scanner device when i meant to disable it and now I can't get it back. I updated and reset my computer to see if that would help, but nothing. Its a Windows 10 pro....
  3. Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner"

Scan App Problem - "Problem connecting to scanner": I'm having trouble scanning. When I install my printer/scanner the scanner app sees the scanner for a day or 2 and then has issues connecting to it I have already uninstalled & reinstalled multiple times Scanner shows up in settings, and shows as "This device is working...
  4. SCANNERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SCANNERS: Why is it that my scanner will sometimes show a box with the scans saving and the green bar just keeps going and going but nothing ever saves. You can't even cancel it. I have to go to task manager and close it and start over? Also, why can I not scan a document straight to...
  5. Canonscan 4400F scanner

Canonscan 4400F scanner: Hi can't find any drivers to make my scanner use TWAIN instead of WIA since Windows updates.Any ideas please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canonscan-4400f-scanner/5351e3e1-c1ac-4aa4-bab1-2fafc01fdef4
  6. Hp fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp fingerprint scanner: I opened my Hp laptop and put my finger on the scanner and It didn't work.So I removed the fingerprint password and when I set it up again it says put fingerprint on the the reader but when I put it on It does nothing.Its enabled in device manager and I tried uninstalling and...
  7. acer switch 512 not recognising fingerprint scanner and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    acer switch 512 not recognising fingerprint scanner and camera: acer switch 512 not recognising fingerprint scanner and camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-switch-512-not-recognising-fingerprint/0c62b3d8-2702-414c-a1f7-900fe80a17c8
  8. Kodak AIO printer/Scanner and Windows Scan problem

Kodak AIO printer/Scanner and Windows Scan problem: I have Kodak AiO scanner/printer 3.2ESP.....it will scan in but then tells me it does not find the printer and freezes any further progress. If I use Windows Scan, on clicking on 'Save' up pops a message 'Ooops couldn't save that one' I have tried everything to...
  9. printer/scanner windows 10

printer/scanner windows 10: i cannot get my scanner part of combo unit to perform in windows 12. keeps looping me to windows scan fails to recognise my combo unit has scan capability ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner-windows-10/4700bff4-f76c-4c5a-b166-b68026e575c2
  10. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner: I have a Canon TS5120 All-in-One, and it's worked perfectly until today. All of a sudden, when using Windows Fax & Scan, it isn't recognized. I need to scan an important document and now I can't. I have the latest drivers from Canon. What has caused this problem to suddenly...